Joan Rivers

Costco Won't Sell My Book!

6/1/2012 11:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601_joan_rivers_video_tmz_5Joan Rivers' new book is set to hit stores next week, but you won't find it at your local Costco ... because Joan claims the bulk retailer has cancelled its order because Joan refused to remove a few raunchy jokes on the back cover.

Joan called in to TMZ this AM in the middle of the morning meeting and explained how Costco objected to 2 fake testimonials:

-- Wilt Chamberlain: "Even if I were alive I wouldn't f**k her."
-- Marie Antoinette: "I don't like her. Let her eat s**t."

Costco had neither a comment nor a sense of humor.

Alice

CostCo is much more interested in right wing propaganda books than anything else!

ManiacalZebra

She could just leave them off the back of the book, but I guess she thinks making a statement is more important than selling the book no one will read anyway.

Zoe

Love Joan but enough already. Most of us are burned out with vulgarity - after a while it loses shock value and just becomes sad.

Taazz69

It's sad that "humor" has been degraded to profane fart jokes

Cheryl A.

Joan Rivers brought this upon herself. Just because there is free speech in the country, does not mean that everyone has to see it. Someone should have told her, since she had no sense about it, that some people do not like our children seeing dirty words if possible.

ShrinkWrap

Joan has always pushed the envelope and that is why I loved her in the past, but printing those jokes on the back cover? Really?? I usually don't cotton to organization's borderline censorship, but in Costco's case, I side with them.

DaveT

Am I allowed to like Joan Rivers and Johnny Carson at the same time.

Uh

A little PR to help increase sales of a dismal book about a talking corpse

LeeMoney

lol like calling TMZ is going to hurt Costco... Like it or not Costco cannot be strong armed.

brown dynamite

Her book would be better suited to the WalMart clientele.

Jordan

Why does a store have to sell the book of a bully. The Bully (joan rivers) does have the right to write the book, but that does not mean that store have to sell books written by Bully's.

Kiko

Another person I've worked with who is absolutely wretched when the cameras aren't around. Dislike her immensely.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Good, I'll pay the others to burn em. Who would read a book about an attention whore who's who life is an open book and has been since I've been alive? No one who can read I'm sure. What's there to know, which Homowooder's she didn't blow?

Vampyr

Come on TMZ, in the article above you typed "Even if I were alive I wouldn't f**k her", OMG you should be ashamed for editing out the swear, LETS BOYCOTT TMZ...well no, Costco didn't boycott the book, just the ADVERTIZING ON the book. Harvey you even edited out the swearing that JOAN said. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Costco sold 'The Daily Show" book, but you know why JOAN, because the swearing is IN the book. Wake the heck up joan, you wrote the book to make money you don't care about anyone but yourself, and oh apparently your publishing company isn't too bright. You think any book would ever be published if the swearing quotes were on the outside of the a book. In the many years I have been reading/watching tmz, you really made a boo boo this time.

kronenburg

But you can go two aisles over and pick up a copy of Mortal Kombat and pretend to blow people to smithereens for hours on end. That makes sense.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments