« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I'll Have Another

Scratched from Belmont

NO TRIPLE CROWN!!

6/8/2012 8:38 AM PDT UPDATED: 6/8/2012 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0608_ill_have_another_belmont_getty
I'll Have Another will not be the first Triple Crown winner in 34 years -- the thoroughbred has been scratched from tomorrow's Belmont Stakes ... and may never run again.

The horse's trainer Doug O'Neill just dropped the bombshell on "The Dan Patrick Show" ... confirming the rumors that I'll Have Another was indeed injured. He was not specific, but said there was a "little problem" with the left hind leg.

O'Neill said his horse seemed fine "to the eye" -- but clearly, something changed this morning ... just one day before I'll Have Another could have become just the 12th Triple Crown winner in history.

I'll Have Another had already won the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness -- but O'Neill says the horse will not race again for at least 3 months, and could possibly be done for good.

A news conference is scheduled this afternoon in New York.

update_bar
10:20 AM PT -- I'll Have Another's trainer Doug O'Neill just spoke at a news conference, claiming the horse had developed tendonitis in its left front leg ... and that's why IHA was pulled. According to the trainer, the horse is now officially RETIRED.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CoconutScrimp

I guess he won't be having another.

dd

Get well soon.

Majestik

Dang, I was so looking forward to the race and seeing him win the Triple Crown. Hope he gets better soon. If he doesn't race again he'll be in happy out in the Stud pasture.

Sonja

Sad, these horses are run into the ground and are pushed until they cripple themselves.

Gloria Unread

Welp, no one's gonna beat that first comment! You might as well close the thread and call it a day.

OooooNooo!

The "hind leg" story is a cover. There is a sex tape being shopped around featuring the horse with another male horse. so I'll Have Another" is in hiding until the owners can buy the tape before Steve Hursh of Vivid Entertainment gets his hands on it.

jdub

Animal racing is so depressing. At least they adopt out former race animals to loving families. Give those poor things a break.

Woot

Maybe if you stopped pushing these horses beyond all reasonable limits, you might actually have a healthy horse. Racing SUCKS!! Stop using animals for entertainment!!!!!

Gloria Unread

Factoid: Horses that pasture in Kentucky have stronger, yet lighter, ivory-like bones because of the ground water having more calcium and phosphorus.

NTL

I'm sick to death of these horse races....they are killing these beautiful animals! This horse will most likely be put down. They'll just dope him up for a while, let the news die down, then kill the horse. Horse racing should be outlawed.

parlayer

truly a sad story, and it ain't about rap.

ray

doug was on dan patrick when he announced this,,,dam shame.

Pimpcessa

Left FRONT leg! God, this kinda crap makes me wonder if y'all get ANYTHING right!

Carl

I bet the network airing it is pissed. Ratings will plummet now.

KnuckleDragger

Best race horse name ever?
HOOF HEARTED