Henry Hill

'Goodfellas' Mobster

Dead at 69

6/13/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Henry Hill has died at the age of 69.
Henry Hill -- the former mobster whose life story became the basis for the movie "Goodfellas" -- died today at the age of 69 ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Hill's girlfriend Lisa ... who told us Hill passed away in an L.A. hospital Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

Lisa tells us, "He had been sick for a long time ... his heart gave out."

We're told Hill had focused on mending relationships with estranged family members in recent years ... and Lisa tells us he had made tremendous progress before he died.

Hill leaves behind two children.

Hill was famously portrayed by Ray Liotta in the 1990 classic "Goodfellas."

Hill's exploits in the mob world were legendary -- but he prided himself on reforming later in life ... and became a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show.

Throwback kid

He seemed to be the only guy who cared when Spider got shot, RIP

Bridget

I don't know much about this guy or his case. But the spin that being a snitch automatically makes you a good person is interesting. It is a lot of the time a VERY selfish act that puts your loved ones in a lot of extra danger just so you cut down on your time in prison. Many times innocent loved ones who have nothing to do with the criminal activity. I still freak if somone askes if I am any relation to a certain family member...and still deny I am. Scarey stuff.

But like I said I don't know about this case specifically so I won't judge. So...RIP

Mariovich

I thought he was under witness protection under a different name. Ah Hollywood!

Candor

No matter how much you change you still have to pay for what you have done.

GLORIA DEDINSKY

no comment at this time

DMZ

A sad goodbye to someone I've personally known for 42 years. I was the shoe shine boy at the real Maury's Wig Shop portrayed in the movie at the time of the infamous "NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR F**KIN SHINE BOX" bar scene. I shined Henry's shoes almost every day (and Tommy's and Jimmy's too for that matter). Last saw Henry last summer a week before I lost my mom (I knew she was dying) and I'll never forget the consoling he gave me. This is a sad day for me. RIP Henry, RIP.

bignick

there was a lot of hollywood bull**** in that movie, henry was tough when everything was going his way, but when the **** hit the fan he LIPPED!!

Sam

Hopefully he rots in hell. He did some horrible things while he was alive and ran like a coward when his own life was on the line.

gary

So I'm supposed to care a dirtbag mobster is dead? The mob is just a bunch of white crips with suit's. I can't believe the lack of values in this country when we make a hero out of a murderer.

gary

zaray montenegro

TMZ you guys gotta interview Jason Moma!?

Sam

Steven Richter

HE WAS A PIECE OF **** RAT BASTARD

mike.wiley

Now go get your shine box..you sorry RAT

Lena

And Howard Stern is a filthy pus infected sack too...he makes a living off the lowest forms of life...next to himself...UGH! being on HIS show is a qualifying testimony to "reforming" and improving oneself?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments