Oprah Confronts 50 Cent

Why'd You Name

Your Dog Oprah?

6/12/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

061212_oprah_50cent_launch
Oprah Winfrey
isn't stupid ... she knows 50 Cent named his dog 'Oprah' to diss the talk show queen after a recent feud ... and when the two sat down together, she totally called him out on it.

"I heard you have a dog named Oprah ... that was not a compliment," she said to the rapper.

Fiddy sheepishly replied, "I love you ... you know how they say a dog is a man's best friend?"

During the confrontation, part of Oprah's new show, "Next Chapter," ... 50 explained how he felt Oprah's famous campaign against the N-word and degradation of women in hip hop felt like a personal attack.

"I would see moments where you would discuss your feelings on the culture, and everything that was wrong with the culture was on my CD ... and I was like, 'She doesn't like me.' "

So why name the dog Oprah? 50 told her O-ness, "At the time, I was just looking at the situation and I saw I was developing negative feelings for someone who doesn't even know me."

50 said he also got a cat ... and named it Gayle.

But now, the hatchet appears to be buried ... and 50 even told Oprah he pampers the hell out of the animals ... even hiring a babysitter to take care of them while he's out of town.

Beef squashed.

Bridget

That has gotta hurt asking someone she talked down about on her show, to be a guest to get some ratings for her network.

Flying Blind

Just another reason I'd never watch her TV channel. Not to mention from the TV guide most of her shows are just reruns from other channels.

Fat Mike

haha

Kelly

Who does she think she is? The fact that she's questioning him about it confirms that the dog has the correct name!

gimmeshelter

So, let's see here: Oprah expresses her opinions on the degradation of society due largely in part to rap/hip hop culture (rightfully so), only to be publicly dissed by 50, who takes her opinions personally enough to name a dog after her. And, now, the only thing that's obvious is they are both using each other for publicity's sake. I don't know which one is more pathetic, oh, wait, I do know..they both win the award for hypocrisy.

AndUKnowThisMan

Now that is some funny stuff!!

I Was About To Say

OH BIG DEAL, but he should have named the dog NOprah.

I Was About To Say

She wants to ACT like everyone's friend...and those are the people you SHOULD watch out for....phoney.

haveababybymebaby

oprah is a f^&king raciast and she's a lot worse the fiddy if you ask me. if he wants to call his dog anything he can. oprah you can't control the world. sorry about that.

w

WHO GIVES A ****!

Bob

He even hires a babysitter? Wow, you mean he doesn't just lock them in a closet with a big bag of food? He's a real animal lover! Does PETA have an award for him?

O_o

aaaaaah rich people problems. siiiiigh

Calico

What's funny to me is naming the cat Gayle. ; )
Get it, people? Of course you do.

cass

She's a ****ing fat bitch, that's why!

SURFCOWBOY

hahahahahahha,GOT A CAT AND NAMED IT GAYLE!? 50 Cents, this kid is funny!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments