Aretha Franklin

The $40,000 Eat-and-Run

6/15/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

061512_aretha_franklin_launchAretha Franklin
just left Sarah Jessica Parker's $40,000 a-plate dinner party ... after spending just 20 MINUTES INSIDE ... that's $2,000-per minute!!!!!

Aretha -- who was the first to arrive to the Barack Obama fundraiser -- was also the first to the leave.

On her way out, Ms. Franklin told us the food was impressive ... "chicken with a mustard sauce, diced tomatoes and a lot of relishes on the side of the plate."

She added, "Very tasty."

manbearpig

that was just an appetizer. she had to go stuff her face at a buffet so she could feed without all those famous eyes upon her.

kathy

The best hollywood can do is mustard chicken and relishes for 40,000 . What a ****ty deal.. lol

buzz kill

Of course she was the first to arrive, she wanted to get there before the food was gone. I hope she left some for the other guests. My guess is that she has never been late for a meal.

KnuckleDragger

I was gonna say something stupid...but it seems that's been covered.

mommycoconut

$40,000 why not $100,00? Makes no difference. All the money in Hollywood cannot buy another 4 years of this disaster president.

NoDifferent

She's been known to not pay her bills, blaming it on her "accounting people and management". I wonder if they asked for cash up front when she arrived.

NoDifferent

And I'm wondering if he "comically" referred to Michelle here as "being known to go ALL the way down" like he did on national TV the other night.

Joao

Aretha Franklin is cheap, she didn't pay for her own plate, she was planted as celerity draw, "...and guess who all is going to be there? There's this celebrity and Aretha Franklin. Yep, I know I heard that same thing about her, but she'll there and that celebrity and his wife..."
My question is, Who's sponsoring the anybody but Obama dinner? The only American president and White House whose citizens believe to be an enemy sympathizer and collaborator.
Peeuee

Jackazz flatts

It's too bad she didn't eat Barrack

Jackazz flatts

She tried to eat Sarah Jessica till security stepped in

Superman

Just give $40K to a poor person next time. It will be better spent to boost the economy, instead of spent on campaign ads and keeping the establishment in DC.

Cashmere

How about donating some of that money to hungry children in the USA......geez

laura

so sad that your president is powered by celebrities. im from Australia and our prime minister is a ******** too.

Dt

Dinner with obama and shara jessica Parker....that would be a tuff choice, I mean I don,t like Obama but I love horses.....

NiteMusik

Aretha Franklin left the Obama fundraiser at SJP's place to attend the Songwriter's Hall of Fame gala at the Marriot in Times Square last night. (She was escorted in by Clive Davis, too!) Phenomenal evening by the way!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments