« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives'

3 Girls AXED from Show

6/14/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0613_basketball_wives_article
Dwight Howard
can finally relax -- because his baby mama Royce Reed (left) just got her ass axed from "Basketball Wives" ... along with two other stars on the show.

Sources connected with production tell TMZ, Jennifer Williams (right) and Kesha Nichols (center) also got the chop -- and will be replaced next season. It's unclear who's in line to take their spots.

According to sources, producers will be giving the girls their walking papers any day now to drop what they called "dead weight" from the show.

We're told Royce was cut because she wasn't legally allowed to talk about Dwight due to a 2009 gag order, blocking her from discussing her ex in any way. The other girls on the show had also decided to ostracize her, so Royce couldn't shoot scenes with the rest of the cast.

As for the others -- producers think Jennifer's too big a liability after suing Nia Crooks for slapping her on the show. And Kesha was just too boring.

A rep for VH1 tells TMZ, “We don't comment on casting until everything is final. Thanks for checking in.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

renae

Not surprised, in fact I predicted Keisha and Royce because one was boring and the other was never in the scenes with the entire group of ladies.

I guess I "understand" the Jennifer axing, I mean she clearly should just allow people to pop her upside her head, threaten her and NOT pursue legal action...makes perfect sense. They tried to make her feel bad pursuing criminal charges, WTF.

Mike

Kesha didn't act like a big enough jerk, so she's gone.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Makes sense to me. Jen has been a bully since the show started and when the tables turn she wants to sue. I do feel bad for Royce though. The only peoople shunning her were Shaunie and Evelyn. She filmed with everyone else. But her parade of boyfriends and daddy wasn't very exciting. Kesha is boring. Congrats to Kenya for surviving the cuts. She's the first new girl since Tammy to do so. I do appreciate her brand of insane gangsta.

princesspr

I find this article amusing mainly because Shaunie has been wanting Royce gone for three seasons, Kesha has publicly talked about the show; so, I saw that coming and Jennifer...come on now..she is way to good for the show.

Shaunie can now have three new Minions who will listen to her and NOT disagree, because we all know that is the REAL reason those three MAYBE leaving the show, when we all know that Shaunie, Tami and Evelyn should be the ones actually leaving the show!

Solene

Jen, Kesha and Royce are lucky to have been cut from those other crappy girls. I would rather watch these three than Evelyn, Tami and Shaunie. I won't watch anymore if those three are gone.

horhay

Okay, so what was the question they axed?

ihateskanks

Who would want a watch a show where golddigging trashy black women constantly fight? If I wanna see that I'll head downtown on a Saturday night

PG

Who watches this crap?

Real Life

This is the worst show on television, Shaunie tries to make like she dosn't approve of this mess but she's just like Evelyn and Tammi or either afraid of them. Good luck to Jen, Royce and Kesha you all should be glad you were cut from the show, it shows you have morals. Jen you did the right thing when you sued Nia, she had no business putting her hands on you.

MzReeses

Nooo, I liked Royce! But I must admit the other girls have been phasing her out of the show so it was more than expected.

Corduroy

:( I love Royce

Lauren

first, I must apologize to my self for having watched this show when I could have been productively napping.

I am thrilled these girls are gone because this show does not need the dignity that Royce and Keisha brought to the other's psychotic behavior. Jen got her act together when she wasn't mimicking Evelyn.

Tami is the most desperate bully of all. she talks about everyone and then wants to punch anyone who says her name. she thinks she is street smart but was kissing Evelyn and Jenn's ass from the start until she got her credentials to be a Mean Girl and is now the loudest and most threatening. but she only attacks the timid. gurrrl, try that with people of your attitude, and you would be a subservient minion.

Shaunie is a fake. she smirks when they fight and then talks out of her mouth about being a sophisticated business woman. not true, you were unstable when you were after the girl whose sister slept with your ex...so let's not pretend you are making money off of anything other than PIMPING DRAMA.

Evelyn it seems to me your destiny of crying over Chad shacking up with women that YOU USE TO BE...is your karma. I will give you credit for being loyal to your friends, but sadly at the expense of kicking every other female on earth.

each of you deserve your reputations. I wont watch again. good for you girls...run...run FAST AND HARD away from all this show every represented!

cass

SOOooo.. who's left:

Shaunie - Ring leader

Tami - Bully #1

Evelyn - Bully #2

Suzie - The most boring of all, and Village Idiot.

This show is dead.

Sexxybody2

Good job... So glad that I no longer have to look at Jen's lips.. I don't know why her mouth bother me so much.. Yey!!!!

ic

i will not be watching..too nasty and no class