Nick Stahl

Wife Ending Search

for Missing Actor

6/21/2012 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

06221_nick_stahl_gettyNick Stahl's wife has decided to end the search for the missing "Terminator 3" star ... after he disappeared from friends and family for the 2nd time in two months.

Stahl -- who was MIA for a couple of weeks in May -- vanished again last week after checking out of an L.A. rehab facility against the advice of his doctors.

TMZ spoke with Rose Stahl ... who tells us she will no longer actively search for her husband ... and unlike the incident in May, she has also decided she will NOT involve police.

"I'm backing off" ... Rose tell us ...adding, "He knows exactly where home is. It's the loving thing to do for him, myself and our daughter."

RaineeDrops

Divorce him, if he is not going to put his family first or think about them enough to come home and check on them, then she and the kids deserve better and should move on in life without him.

He obviously made his choice.....

No one can control or change an addict, they have to want to do it themselves. If he shows no sign of wanting to change for his family, then time to let him go and move on with a new life.

Calinative

He's out getting high. He'll come around sooner or later he just HAS to be ready.

Momof2Many

I remember him from a Christian children's series my parents used to purchase for us Magee and me. Was so excited to him push into mainstream as an adult, but then again I'm sure that hasn't helped him in his addictions. The world and the industry is full of enablers.

demoncat

she is right to back off this time for trying to continue to find nick when he does not want to be found for he has to finaly decide enough of this vanishing and worrying his family and fix himself . hope he does not show back up as a corpse from an o.d in the end

RachesRules

It's that damn 'Terminator' curse!!

Phenom

To Rose, you can only go so far with an addict. It's difficult to fight when the person continues in their addiction. You are so brave to let him go and not fight anymore. This has to be so difficult for you yet you know him better than anyone. I wish you the best and I wish he would know how to get back on the right track and be consistent with sobriety. I'm sad you must go through this. My prayers go out to you and your family and although I don't know you, there's an addict in every family. Take care and the best to you.

Justin

What a piece of trash. Has a wife and kid and acts like an idiot.

ShoeGurlie

There's only so much you can do for a junkie to help them. If you let them they will drag you into the gutter with them and destroy your life along with theirs. This is the best thing she could do for herself and more importantly for her child. Their child should come first. It's very sad that he is only thinking of himself and not how his consequences affect them as well.

I applaud her for making doing this. It had to be a very hard thing to do but a Mom has to do what she needs to in order to protect her child!

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Never heard of him but hopefully he's dead in a ditch somewhere so I don't have to hear about this douche bag again.

Lauren

For the people saying that Nick is acting like an "idiot" and not thinking of his family-Are you aware that addiction is a disease. Yes, he made the choice AT FIRST to pick up whatever he's addicted to but now he is absolutely powerless. It's like saying someone who got cancer from smoking is an idiot because they have cancer. I'm sure he would LOVE to be their for his daughter, but right now he can't.

TiffC

I found him! I thought I ran over a cat the other day, so being the animal lover I am I stopped got out and realized it was Nick Stahl. So I went to the car wash and hosed him off my bumper.

nickstahlfan

if you haven't seen some of his work, please keep your judgments to yourself. Nick Stahl is a phenomenal actor who has taken roles in small films (one which raised money for children's charities) as well as the larger ones. he's amazingly talented, and much of his talent comes from a sensitivity that few people, let alone actors, have. he's made a ton of films, and he's put himself under intense pressure playing complex roles for many years. i would be very grateful if he pulls out of this and continues his incredible work.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4