Karen Klein

Bus Monitor Gets Apology

from Little Bastards

6/22/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0622_karen_klein_01
Karen Klein -- the 68-year-old school bus monitor who was verbally abused by a gang of students in NY -- has FINALLY received an apology from 2 of the little jerks.

The statements of apology were written to Karen ... but have since been released by police.

One letter -- penned by a boy named Josh -- reads, "I am so sorry for the way I treated you."

Josh continues ... "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."

Another student -- identified as Wesley -- penned a note that read, "I feel really bad about what I did. I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."

Karen has said she feels bad for the little kids who bullied her. If you haven't seen the original full video, click here. Or watch below (WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE).

Now we gotta ask ...

WHAT IN THE WORLD

Some type of discipline is in order for what these miserable little morons did to that wonderful lady. She cried, but she could have had a heart attack or worse! Make their sorry asses work it off some kind of way. And don't forget the parents! They bred these monsters and maybe, just maybe the parents need to have an intense lesson in respect for elders!

ummm?!

The little brats aren't sorry for what they said to her! They're sorry they got caught.

Lady Juliette

I find two things really frightening about this. One...The Police Chief made a statement that watching politics on tv was part of why this happened. No mention of parenting from him. Second...look at the age of these kids and then the age of the woman. If they are like this, at this age and attack someone of her age, now, can you imagine what they will be like when they get older!!!!!

Michelle

That "apology" was obviously forced and probably written by someone else. I feel bad for the poor old Granny, having to work at her age. She shouldn't be in that position.

abc123

What the hell???? When I was that age, if I would have dared acted even close to that manner, someone, even a stranger would have yanked my ass up and put the fear of God in me!!!!! I do NOT condone beating any child, but this thing of not being able to even spank to correct them is where we have gone wrong, you have got to teach them that there are reprecussions to bad behavior or else they turn out like this. Don't say "Don't blame the parents", I hate that, it's usually said by people who have kids like this, someone should be ashamed!!! My question is this, why did not one person come to her defense, nope, they just filmed and posted to YouTube, that is the saddest thing I have ever seen.

Jen648

Although I'm sorry this happened to an elder, they shouldn't be treating ANYONE that way. Anyone who was ever bullied or teased knows what I'm talking about. Middle school was the worst. I will never forget the kid's that teased me, I remember it very well. You just don't forget that stuff. People were getting teased and bullied way before it became a "gay bully thing".

jdelanoi

Any kids who do this for ten minutes to anyone does not deserve forgiveness. Especially when it's an authority figure and an elder. These kids have a long ways to go if they ever want to be an important societal figure.

Jeff

They don't mean it. They have been getting death threats since this has been all over the news. It's sickening cause that could have been anyone's grandma. What if they saw this happen to their own grandma or even parents.

stacyluvbug

These kids need to be taught a lesson,how about putting them in federal prison in a cell with bubba and let them be his bit@h for a week and see how they like being disespected....!!!!

JJstryyker

Hey Harvey
You need to put a third vote button, because not everything is (yes or no). Their should be a "not sure" or "maybe" button also ! Personally the punks should get the pee smacked out of them but, should be forgiven. We all did stupid things as kids. Right?
Ps. I Love your "Show" and your "Gang"

Rosalie

WHERE ARE THE BASTARDS PARENTS ?!??!

chucklehead

i think the students involved in the incident should pay her whatever he demands. secondly those students should be banned for life from using a taxpayer funded ride.

BB not bb

I think those kids were made to write letters by their parents who are now embarrassed and afraid of people coming after them. I wouldn't ever trust these kids. I think they are all pretty bad kids, but then again, they are pretty normal also. This is what kids are like at that age. They will pick on anyone who will let them.

I am sure she was just sitting there thinking about how she needs the money from that job and didn't really care what they said. She was trying to ignore them but they kept at it until she fell apart. I had to stop watching because it was so disgusting.

The kids were innicently evil but she was knowingly allowing it. She is not just some other little kid there, she is supposed to take charge. Letting kids get away with this is what makes it get worse and makes them be rotten people as adults.

stacyluvbug

pufferfish

An apology letter, that is their punishment? Maybe twenty or thirty years ago that would have been enough. But kids need to learn actions have consequences... a lesson that parents USED to teach them. If they don't learn it now they will be bullies for the rest of their lives. I say the lady should forgive them for her own piece of mine, but press charges to ensure they learn a lesson from all of this.