John Travolta

Cruise Ship Steward

Sues Actor for Assault

6/25/2012 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0625_accuser_john_travolta_lawsuit_update_bar
11:12 AM PT -- Travolta's lawyer Marty Singer just released a statement, claiming, "This is another ludicrous lawsuit with inane claims.  It is obvious that Mr. Zanzi and his lawyers are looking for their 15 minutes of fame."

Click here for the full statement.

0314_divider_graphic
The cruise ship steward who claims John Travolta exposed himself during a neck massage and then embraced him is suing the actor for assault.

Fabian Zanzi was working on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in 2009.  Travolta, who was a passenger on the ship, had ordered food and asked that Zanzi deliver it to his stateroom.  When Zanzi was in the room, Travolta allegedly asked for a neck massage.  Zanzi claims when he reached for Travolta's neck, the actor dropped his robe and exposed his erect penis and then forcefully embraced him.

Travolta allegedly then told Zanzi he was "beautiful" and said, "Take me, I will take care of you, please."

Zanzi says he resisted, and then Travolta offered him $12k to maintain a wall of silence.

Zanzi says he went to cruise ship management to complain but they refused to allow him to write out any details regarding nudity or sexual contact.

Zanzi is suing for unspecified damages.

0625_accuser_john_travolta_lawsuit_update_bar

"The lawsuit’s ridiculous claims are completely contradicted by what Mr. Zanzi told his employer back in 2009 when he was being disciplined for his own violations of company policy.  In his handwritten report three years ago, the only physical contact he claimed occurred was allegedly touching my client’s neck.  The inappropriate conduct he alleges in his lawsuit is absent from his written report he submitted at the time.  That glaring omission speaks volumes.  Also calling his credibility into question is his dubious allegation that his employer supposedly restrained him in a room on the cruise ship for five days, yet after that supposedly occurred, Mr. Zanzi continued to work for Royal Caribbean for years, on multiple ships.  Now, after waiting three years, and after getting paid to tell his story to the media, Mr. Zanzi has filed this absurd lawsuit.

"We are confident that my client will prevail on the merits and that he will be completely vindicated in court."

0314_divider_graphic

Zanzi is suing for unspecified damages.

stargazer

This guy is clearly insane. He's already been proven to be a liar and from what I've read elsewhere, people who worked with him and who know him came forward and said this wasn't true, a few have insinuated that he has mental issues. Furthermore, LOOK at him. I seriously doubt that's what John would go for, if he were gay or bi.

nof

"So, anyway, I was giving him a massage, ye know?"

"When all of the sudden he asks me to start hittin' him with a hose - a green hose - a green hose with a tear in it..."

"He's a big star so I was afraid -"

"After providing him with the necessary and desired_welts he returned the favor -"

"Opening me up in a big time way."

-"So now I want compensation/reward."

Deposition Attorney:

"What year was this, sir?"

Cruise Ship Waiter:

"1973. I remember it clearly. It was the day after Kennedy got shot."

hugh

Always the same excuse for these celebrity mouthpieces....."they're just looking for their 15 minutes of fame". They really need to come up with a better excuse for their clients misbehavior. Please.

jokerchick

yawn

nof

nof p.s.

Deposition Attorney:

@ "It was the day after Kennedy got shot..."

"Which Kennedy?"

Alleger-Person-Waiter-Massager-Hose-Hitter:

"There was more than one?"

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

It's more of a battery case than an assault.

Mary

Wow, I do think John should just say if he's gay, dam! There's a lot of things being said.

nof

Solution:

Just open up franchises:

"John Travolta-Problem/Payment Center."

At like the race track or every 7-11.

You go in - fill out a short form - cake-interview -

Boom - you get paid.

I'm nothing if not a problem-solver.

I'm sure people in Georgia and Illinois -

Have had this very same issue.

nof

"Tackled me while I was out running one day."

"Making me switch from Nike's to Adida's."

"Commenting on my socks..."

"As he pleasured himself..."

Deposition Person: "So how much do you want 4 that?

Runner:

"How much does he got - cuz it was pretty upsetting?"

nof

Next-up are the dudes that jacked Travolta's car.

"Whut about us?"

nof

An ATM on Wilshire & 3rd is also filing a complaint.

Insisting it's got footage.

Gloria

Travolta is gay? Such a shame for me as a woman. He looks so yummy in this picture above! Wow! Oh, and by the way, I wrote an email to him once and he didn't answer. Since then, I suffer from a lot of problems because of him and I can't work. He did this to me! Can I get some money, too, please? ;))

Tammy

Is he a Steward or a massage therapist? At the end of the day, he has no proof about anything outside of delivering food. The case will be tossed and I hope John asks for Marty's fees for defending this lawsuit.

Sashatree

Claims like this have been frequent and consistent for decades!! Frankly, I wonder if we're dealing with a collective "Sandusky" affect -- Do we (the public/fans) want to believe that these claims couldn't possibly be valid just because Travolta is our idol? WAKE UP! Perhaps there's A LOT to all these claims -- b/c there are simply too many to be ignored!

unicorn40

This is getting silly. These ppl. need to find a life or earn their own, instead of trying to lie and sue movie stars.Ppl. know who and which ways he swings.......leave him alone for gawds sake already!!! I hope he sues every last one of these losers and they never own anything again. This is just BULL****!!!!