Nora Ephron's Family

0626_nora_ephron
update_bar
5:09 PM PT -- Nora has died
. She was 71.

0314_divider_graphic
Nora Ephron
-- the legendary Hollywood writer who penned the screenplays for "Sleepless in Seattle" and "When Harry Met Sally" -- is gravely ill ... family members are telling close friends.

The nature of her illness is unclear ... however there are reports she is suffering from cancer and is not expected to make it through the night.

There is speculation that Nora has already passed away -- we're told that's not true ... but there is little hope she will recover from her current condition.

71-year-old Ephron was nominated for 3 Academy Awards in her illustrious Hollywood career ... and was widely considered one of the most powerful women in the entertainment industry.

Among her most memorable films ... "Silkwood" ... "My Blue Heaven" ... "Michael" ... "You've Got Mail" ... and "Julie and Julia."

Ephron was married to (and famously divorced) Watergate scandal reporter Carl Bernstein ... before entering her 3rd (and final) marriage to screenwriter Nicholas Pileggi.

Butters_Creamy_Goo

First!!!!!!!!!!!

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Giving us guys those crappy chick flicks we have to endure with each new relationship she deserves a long, agonizing demise.

parlayer

She cares as much about me. as I do about her. get your affairs in order!

Stiletto

God bless her.

I greatly respect her, if for no other reason than...she has left her footprints for people to see for decades to come.

She did not merely exist --as most do-- she lived.

nof

Gee, and I'd been having a-good-day...

Mick Kahler

Wow, what a shocker! I've enjoyed her writing and work for years! Just stunning. A couple of years ago I saw Nora on TV plugging a book about the worries she had about her neck showing its age. To go from wrinkled neck issues to this. Very sorry to learn of this. BTW- One of Nora's ex-husbands is Watergate investigative reporter Carl Bernstein.

GLaDOS

Legendary? LOL.
Give me a break.

sanjuro

Sleepless in Seattle is the one movie you should have mentioned first. It was a big hit back in the days. And she also wrote When Harry Met Sally... Yes, she is a legend in the comedy genre, unlike some of the people who comment here.

nof

@NTHEZONE

legendary?
I think not
is she jewish or something, harvey??

________________________________

Go out and get seventeen writing credits, kid ...

Then maybe you can deliver the newspaper.

To her mother's house.

nof

@GLADOS

Legendary? LOL.
Give me a break.
4 MINUTES AGO

________________________________

Yeah, peeps like her and Speilberg come along every other Tuesday.

-Can get monotonous.

harleyharlett

wow ....... she is a woman who has been fighting a terrible awful disease that not only robs ppl of their lives - but makes the end of their lives unbearable - her and her family deserve our compassion and prayers during such a sad time- i am truly sorry for her family,

vitaglubet

Very talented lady and the few comments that I see show how ignorant many of s really are. "She deserves a long, agonizing demise" from Hervey is close to being one of the most mindless comments I've ever seen. Setting a new standard for sick.

will

Those who make these stupid comments
needs to get a life. I on one hand send
my prayers to her and her family.

marymac

Oh no how sad, that is one talented lady

Marilyn

"No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were: any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments