Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Rebecca

Such the professional. I've watched Ann Curry since she did the very early morning NBC news and have thought she is a true journalist and just a decent lady. Screw Matt Lauer. I'll always be one of your fans Ann! I'd like see the ratings tank with Matt, then boot him and watch the ratings go up with someone else.

tcidda

well kids either Matt's happy with you or you're gone.nobody said it's fair but it's the way it is.

Laura

Very interesting watching Savannah literally drooling over this job the last several months. What an obvious golddigger. yuk. Good luck to you, Ann, you are a better journalist than Savannah or Matt.

JIM

I have been a long time fan of the Today show. Not everyone can be the co-anchor with Matt or anyone else.. Nothing against Ann but maybe she just doesn't have "it" to rise to that level. I never felt comfortable watching her co-anchor but it wasn't that she isnt talented but she didn't have "it"

soapstix

There was a time when I liked Mat, but this is too much.

yankeefan1

I haven't watched Today for a lot of years because of Matt. He'a a cold, uncaring jerk. Wishing Ann all the best in wherever she goes. She does have a heart and it shows.

Scott

The whole cast is way overpaid. Why would you give Matt a huge raise when the ratings are going down?
It is typical TV executives bad leadership and poor management. They could save a lot of money by having sit in hosts. And they would do a better job.

mjosephmillerii.blogspot.com

OH who cares! Many people are out of work 100%. Ann was just moved to a different department. Ask the school teacher if they'd prefer being canned to working in the admission department or ask the policeman if he'd prefer getting kicked to the curb instead of working the evidence room. AAAAAHHHH **** UP! BOOOO HOOOOO! Ann, go get a job that actually helps America and its LEGAL citizens move forward!

DaveT

Poor Ann....she's sitting on $10,000,000 and still has a steady job with the network.
Must be horrible for the poor woman :D

Sally Potter

It' was really disgusting to me the way Ann Curry was so shamefully "dismissed" from her role as co-host of the Today show. She had been a terrific broadcaster and interviewer for 15 years on that news show. I haven't watched Today since that day she was "tossed out" without even a decent send-off and I don't intend to ever watch it again. Matt Lauer doesn't deserve that $25M/year. And let's hope he doesn't lose his pen or pencil he always holds while reporting or interviewing..,,,.reminds me of a baby having to have its pacifier. I saw a comment that stated Matt is such an egotistical jerk. How true! Fom this day forward, GMA will be my source of the morning news shows. NBC: you made a big mistake the way you handled this so poorly.

Brian

Matt is and always will be an ego maniac , can't stand that guy

Fearless

I agree! It is obvious that Today allows Matt a strong voice in the direction of the show. Although, I don't understand why the show had Anne looking so matronly. She looked liked she just gotten out of bed, her clothes, hairstyle combined with her easygoing persona wasn't working for me. She didn't evoke the energy needed for the morning show and its too bad she waited so long for her shot, and couldn't pull herself out of her funk to keep it.

AJ

Love you Ann as a news reader, and when you do your great news stories. Unfortunately you weren't right for the hosting job. You should thank everyone at NBC for giving you that chance. Including Matt. I was shocked they did. I wouldn't have done it, but since you are part of the family they gave you a chance. Just didn't work out. I look forward to seeing you do what you do best.

AJ

Sandra Kelley

Matt Lauer is a self righteous jerk! Ann was the best thing NBC had besides Al Roker. NBC treats real people like Ann Curry like crap. The ratings aren't going to go up with just Savannah, Natalie and Al. Al could probably do the show by himself because he's a real person with soul and heart. That's what Ann was too. Maybe Matt needs to go. If they're going for looks, maybe get a man in there who has some looks and charm.

Previous 15 Comments | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments