Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Sandy M

I think they should get rid of Matt Lauer and bring Lester Holt in his place...and then they can bring Ann back...love you Ann and best wishes and GMA here I come....

kayde

i remember matt lauer when he was on pm magazine and then couldn't find work for years. he looks like a weasel and apparently he is one. i liked ann curry and can't watch him so goodbye today show.

Dennis

Why should Matt Lauer have such a big contract? What does he do? He's the problem on the show, not the solution.

dwyndlelee

I only watched the show once (don't own a TV, mostly ignore that world anyway) and it seemed to me that she was reduced to a kind of "smile, look pretty, and say the next leading thing that will re-focus the attention on the guy" role that we've been trying to move away from for several generations, now. I was very angry that someone with a clear capacity for intelligence and thoughtful comment had been reduced to such a robotic presence and it was very clear that he thought that was how it should be. Having thrown her under the bus to satisfy his ego, I hope his next co-anchor gives him a run for his money. Betty Freidan had it right, playing to the guy's idea of "mystique" is a mistake.

dwyndlelee

chris

do you think he is a racist? i hate to think it but have been wondering for awhile. ann is a class act. he was cute once but now that he's lost his hair he just looks "old" in every sense of the word.

Jay

Ann don't worry, we won't be watching Matt, the morally corrupt arrogant bum!

Denise

Matt Lauer is a jerk. I don't watch TODAY because of him!!!!! I never have. He is a pompus ass!

Scotty

Matt Lauer is the primary reason I stopped watching.

VIvian

Ann always outclassed Matt. Wishing her the best.

VIvian

What horrible treatment she received from NBC.

M. Grammick

I WAS a Today show enthusiast for 26+ years. I woke up and drank my morning coffee with the show every M-F. I have not watched the show since Ann Curry was let go and I will NEVER watch the show again. NBC needs to examine the content of the show. At times I felt like I was watching a tabloid program and felt the show was "dumbed down." The lower ratings cannot be blamed on Ann Curry who was professional, intelligent and refreshingly beautiful. Channel 7 is now where my TV is programmed every morning and I LIKE them.

jaha

I haven't met a person yet who likes Matt yet he still keeps a job, I'm sorry NBC really doesn't get it. He is all about self. The only time we watched was for the Where in the world is Matt Lauer, really love Kathie Lee and Hoda, Loved Ann and Al who makes lemonade out of lemons and really truly miss Meredith, she and Ann truly raised the bar on the show, best of luck to Ann and maybe she can sit in for Robin att GMA.

ShannonMacri

Poor Ann? Give me a friggin break. She's gonna go cry to her millions of dollars. Who friggin cares? You think she'd lose sleep if you lost your jobs? NO.
LMAO

DeDe

I have not watched the show since she left & I hope Thousands do the same & ratings drop drastically!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments