Charlie Sheen

Goes After 'Men' in

'Anger Management' Debut

6/29/2012 7:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0629_sheen_angerCharlie Sheen wasted no time attacking his former show during the premiere of "Anger Management" last night ... taking some not-so-veiled shots at "Two and a Half Men" during the opening scene.

The very first scene of "Management" opens on a tight shot of Charlie (playing a character named Charlie) while he's on an angry rant ... saying, "YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I QUIT!! You want to replace me with some other guy? Go ahead! It won't be the same!"

He adds, "You think I'm losing! I'm not! I'm ... anyway, you get the idea."

When the camera pulls out, it reveals Charlie is only taking out his anger on an inflatable punching bag named BoBo ... while teaching his group therapy class about an anger management technique.

Not very subtle ...

Fun Fact -- the show debuted last night on FX ... right after an episode of "Men."

janet

He is no Bob Newhart. The show was very typical. It was ok, the reruns of 2.5 men are much better. Sheen playing Sheen no stretch there. Get rid of the canned laugh track.

Gloria Unread

Great.. another laugh-track saturated sitcom. (Audience laughter)
Haven't they realized we don't need to hear other people laughing to make us laugh? (Audience laughter) And that when it's not funny, hearing canned laughter just makes it that much more painful to watch. (Audience laughter)

janet

Another thing, enough already with badmouthing 2.5 men you are beating a dead horse. No Sheen you didn't quit you were 'fired'. and everyone knows it.

Maybe it's his show he may have a little more respect for it. It's really nothing more than a major business deal for him.

GAWKER

Charlie and Mel Gibson just cannot be hated by America. I actually adore them.

Jenn

This is surprising (and not in a good way) for an FX comedy. I was expecting something edgier... and funny.

MikeIndy

I have waited forever for this show to start. Turned it on and was disappointed from the get go. The show was awful, I laughed maybe twice, and that was at the old man (charlie's patient). So Charlie start planning your early retirement because this show is going to be cancelled!

Michelle

I actually enjoyed the show

minnietx

There are too many characters in the show. Its was all over the place, they need to tighten it up, and it would have been funnier had he been the angry management patient, in a bar or something not a living room, something is lacking. Sheen himself was funny and I think making the best of bad writing.

LittleBIt

Didnt watch a-hole Charlies new show and NEVER will! I have had a sh*t load of this narcissistic, L-O-S-I-N-G jerkoff. I give it a month before they take it off the air. We are over you Charlie you maggot.

StarryStarryNight

didn't watch.

they can try to make him look good but all i see is a meth mouth azzhole.

Bridget

I HATE LAUGH TRACKS! This is why I stopped watching traditional sitcoms for the most part. They are annoying and kinda insulting.

"Derr, the audience doesn't know what's funny, lets help them." UGH

Get a real studio audience, with their real reactions or don't bother.

bagladey

It wasn't the outstanding premiere that I expected but CS is a skilful actor and any show with him in it has potential so the executives can make the show a success if they get it right.

anony

The first two shows were not very good. Too forced. The writing was cliched and very average. Sheen is capable of better material.

Karen

Enjoyed seeing Charlie again...but too many characters and C.Sheen nor C.Harper would ever date or F#@k a fat girl. Improve the story line --Charlie needs to hire a couple of his old writers at two & ahalf.
Will watch again, but don't let it go down the tubes like the new Ahston Kretcher show.
Good Luck.

Hervey....Hervey of Arabia...He was a single guy...

Didn't watch, don't want to watch, probably never will see any of this unless I glance by channel surfing. Sheen used to be funny but he looks like a typical Hollywood whiner now doing anything he can to support his addictions.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments