Teddy Ruxpin Creator

I've Got a Serious

Beef with 'Ted'

6/30/2012 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0629_reddy_ruxpin_ted

The guy who created Teddy Ruxpin isn't exactly flattered that his creation got a shout-out in Seth MacFarlane's new movie "Ted" ... in fact, he wishes the movie had NEVER been made at all.

You remember Teddy ... that iconic talking stuffed animal from the '80s who preached love, friendship and other things of the heartwarming sort. He was adorable.

So when Teddy's creator Ken Forsse saw the commercials for "Ted" -- a teddy bear who drinks, smokes, fights and tries to bang floozies -- he felt it was an affront to the entire stuffed animal community.

Ken tells TMZ ... he believes a teddy bear is a wholesome kids product which shouldn't be portrayed in a negative light.

"I wish they hadn't done [the film]" ... Ken adds.

The feeling is probably mutual -- 'cause in the movie, Ted lays a beatdown on Mark Wahlberg after the actor says he would've rather had a Teddy Ruxpin doll.

Fightin' words.

w

a 30 second advertisement for a 23 second video clip, suck it TMZ

w

people, its exactly like ruxpin, the guy has a right to get a little upset they even used the toy's name in the movie.

john johnson

the movie is garbage, and so will be the decline of mark's career for signing on to this garbage project.....i guess "howard the duck" is now in the works.

Jay

For Pete's sake people, ITS A FREAKING MOVIE! A MOVIE FOR ADULTS! NOT A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN!!!!!

Gloria Unread

I'm offended too.. Not at negative portrayal of a teddy bear, but that Seth MacFarlane believes that this is what people will find funny. Tsk tsk.
"It's a talking teddy bear, which is funny because they *don't* usually talk!!" He has Peter Griffin's voice and he acts like Quagmire. It's completely original and worthy of people's hard-earned money!"

Wayment B

I recently saw a commercial for Snuggle Fabric Softener. Are they gonna sue too? LOL!

Mary

I wouldn't even see this movie if it was free and they served lobster. Marky Mark must be heading down some broke road to have made it. It's okay, just pose for playgirl or something. BTW Thanks for reminding me of Teddy..I have to look up that old movie for my kids.

Truth

Standard TMZ move. Go find a whiner.

Emma

Pffffft, this is such a joke. If parents can't teach their children that movies are movies and life is life, that's their problem. It's true that children are impressionable, so by the standards of these paranoid parents, we should lock them in closets so that they're never exposed to any of the plethora of f'd up things in the world. Because coddling is what makes for a competent adult, right? Nah.

JDoors

It's an R movie! What kid is being corrupted by this, kids whose parents lets them see R-rated movies? Who gives a crap what Teddy Ruxpin's creator thinks of a movie and how it affects or reflects on society? Slow news day? (OK, I know that's always a cheap shot.)

Criss

Oh, lighten up!

karlew

Yes but as "bears" don't these cute stuffed critters represent large carniverous creatures with razor sharp claws and teeth that kill, tear apart and eat other animals? (Yes I lnow about the Teddy Roosevelt thing, but these are bears never the less) It's all in the way you look at it. Guy needs to lighten up

Cujeaux

It is a complete ripoff of Teddy Ruxpin.

yeah right

lol...I had a Teddy Ruxpin when I was a kid, me and my friends would put crackers in its mouth when he would talk, one night whe I was asleep he turned on by itself and scared me a little, I also remember my sister throwing her cabbage patch kids in the closet cause she became afraid of them because of "Chucky"

R

No, it does not look like it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments