Mel Gibson's Step-Mom

Wants Restraining Order

Mel's TERRORIZING Me!

7/2/2012 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_mel_gibson_01
Mel Gibson THREATENED his own 78-year-old step-mom ... SPIT IN HER FACE ... and sabotaged her marriage ... this according to legal docs filed by the woman and obtained by TMZ.

Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married Mel's father Hutton Gibson in 2001 -- has filed for a restraining order against Mel ... claiming he exploded on her several times and now she fears for her safety.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister Maura hate her guts ... because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they've been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various ailments.

In the docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, Joye describes several outbursts in detail:

October 2011 -- Mel screams at Joye because Joye does not approve of "experimental Ozone treatments" Hutton was undergoing for an undisclosed illness.

"Mel began yelling and saying, 'f*ck this and f*ck that' while leveling other extremely offensive language at me."

Joye claims Mel warned her "not to f*ck with [Hutton's] treatments in any way."

January 2012 -- While visiting Hutton in the hospital, Joye claims she said something that set Mel off ... and "Mel got up, looking wild and began yelling at me in a very loud and terrifying voice."

"Mel was so upset and screaming so fiercely that I could see his face turn red."

March 2012 -- Joye, along with Mel and his sister Maura, accompanied Hutton to Panama for stem cell treatment for his hip.

Mel was cooking food and offered some to Joye ... but she declined due to a stomach ache.

Joye claims, "Mel looked at me in disgust and said that I was insulting him by not eating. He then threatened that if I did not eat he would have me put outside."

May 2012 -- During a family meeting to discuss Hutton's health care, "Mel became incensed and began acting like a wild man."

Joye claims Mel began screaming right in her face ... noting, "He was so close that I could feel his spit hitting my face."

She claims Mel's eyes "looked as if they were bulging out of his head."

Joye claims she was paralyzed with fear and later vomited because of the incident.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister MUST have manipulated their ailing father into filing for divorce ... because Hutton is a devout Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce.  Plus, she claims Hutton recently penned her a love note claiming, "Our mutual love is permanent."

Joye claims Mel is even trying to force her out of her home ... because it's owned by a charity that Mel controls. Joye says she has no place else to go.

Joye wants a judge to block Mel from booting her from the home ... and prevent him from interfering with her attempts to communicate with her husband.

She also wants Mel to stay 100 yards away from her at all times.

Moments ago, a California judge decided, rather than issuing a temporary restraining order, to set the matter for a full hearing ... which has been scheduled for next month.

No immediate comment from Mel's rep.

Genevieve123

Ozone treatment is not new. It is very effective. Current standard treatments often never cure the patient anyway. I can vouch for stem cell treatment which a relative underwent and is recovering well from. Alternative treatments do work and are well worth looking into. They are shunned by the general medical establishment as they lose them money if you don't spend the rest of your life on their drugs. So Mel and his sister are looking after their dad the right way. There are a lot of people out there who think the doctor is God and knows everything, but they don't and it is a shame only a few of them embrace natural methods that do work but haven't had the required $100 millon spent on them to PROVE they work.

Robert stone

It's not surprising. He thinks the the world and everybody in it is his oyster, there for the picking. It's about time he grew up, threw away his diaper and weaned himself away from the pacifier.

Maria

MY GOD LIVE HIM ALONE

LIVE HIM ALONE

MY GOD LIVE HIM ALONE

andy

his father whom he respects can't possibly agree to his behavior.

Bloomcounty.USA

I really cannot stand Mel Gibson whatsoever ... I used to enjoy his films, but ever since he came out with The Passion of the Christ ... cannot stand him. Can't believe that he used a book written by an antisemetic nun as the basis for the film. Can't believe that he and his father are such blatant holocaust deniers. Can't stand how he treats people, and I can't stand how people continue to defend him, especially considering the pattern of behavior that's been repeated over and over again.

Chi-city momma

Not that I'm condoning Mel (cause LORD knows the guy has issues), but how many situations have you heard of where adult children HATE their step parent and feel that they are not doing the best for their parent?! It gets way more complicated when there is A) a history of rage B)lots of money.
I think she is just a scorned soon to be ex wife & knew she could sling some mud given Mel's past.

Frieda

This old cow, Teddy Joye, acts like she married Mel and not his father who doesn't have money! Why does she think Mel owes her a house?? Who has been paying all her bills and supporting her and Hutton all this time? I can guess. No appreciation. She wanted Hutton dead and seems like she also wanted to continue lapping at Mel's money.

Tellthetruth59

Told ya' so. Mel owns the house. The spittle in my face story sounds familiar.

Sincerity

This is what happens when you marry a man who has "NO OTHER RESOURCES" except what is provided by his children. Hutton Gibson obviously "DID NOT" designate Teddy Joye as the person solely responsible to manage all issues related to his health. Considering how much his children "ALLEGEDLY" resent her, she should have "KNOWN BETTER" than "TO INTERFERE" with decisions regarding his day-to-day health care. Since the property doesn't belong to Hutton Gibson, I don't see how she can AVOID BEING "EVICTED"!!! She's doesn't agree with choices his children have made and would rather SEE HIM DIE!!! OF COURSE, THEY WANT HER GONE!!! WOULDN'T YOU??? IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!

Barb

Mel Gibson you're an idiot and a fool! Get some serious help you wacko!!!

Tellthetruth59

Just as I said. Poor Teddy was living off the Gibson dole, just as I suspected. Now the party is over . Was I also correct about withholding meds and skimming the coffers? Probably.

Majestik

I still want to know why Harvey will paint Mel in a bad light because of an "ALLEGED" anti-semetic rant. You know the one right Harvey, how Mel Gibson hates all Jews? So, why is it Tom Cruise is painted as a Victim, BLINDSIDED by his wife's filing for divorce, remember Cruise and his religion, right Harv, Homosexuality is a disease according to ole Tommy Boy and just join his religion and they will cure you of your "DISEASE" and you can marry a nice Jewish Girl.
Harvey the hypocrite, congratulations on your flip flopping. How much is Scientology paying you and your other staff suffering from "THAT DISEASE" that they can cure?

marymac

So mel's paid bloggers are also Grandma haters and abusers? Mel just keeps proving what a putrid low-life he is. Just go kill yourself, mel, seriously.

Tellthetruth59

Wish I were a paid "blogger." I have run flat tires and had not one... but two nails in one. $500 for one tire. Pony up Mel. I'll make sure your dad gets his meds and ozone treatments.