R. Kelly

... to Divorce My Wife

7/3/2012 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0703_r_kelly_getty
update_bar
11:43 PM PT --
Kellys' ex-wife Andrea tells TMZ ... she doesn't believe "The Notebook" truly caused their split ... telling TMZ, "[The movie] came out in 2004 and we saw it together.  Our divorce wasn’t finalized until 2009 so it’s impossible that the movie could have been the reason for our relationship ending. "

She adds, "We had been separated for 6 years at that point! The movie definitely did not end our relationship!”

0314_divider_graphic
R. Kelly
is blaming Ryan Gosling for ruining his marriage ... sorta ... and it's all because of R.G.'s performance in "The Notebook."

Kelly just revealed some incredibly personal secrets in his new memoir, "Soulacoaster" ... including an explanation about why he decided to divorce his former back up dancer Andrea Kelly back in 2009.

Long story short ... Kelly claims after watching the movie, he realized his own 12-year marriage couldn't stand up to the romance featured in the flick.

Here's the explanation in Kelly's own words:

"As the film credits started to roll, I couldn't move. I burst into tears. People walking past me patted me on the back, trying to console me. 'The Notebook' was beautiful, and I was crying because its hero and heroine had died together.

But I was also crying because I remembered a Valentine's Day -- when a helicopter dropped a rainfall of roses -- that had come and gone ... My marriage had died. And there was nothing I could do to bring it back."

Damn you, Gosling.

kitty

I just watched it for the first time last night, and it just renewed the reason why I married my husband. I can see if you're not with the right person how that movie could do that.

awards

How old is the wife?

Tim

He's a nut case. next.

Alex Von Heisenberg

Is he running for office? ... For I see through the immense plastic!

Fat Mike

She was too old for him

Bridget

Soooo entertainment influnces him that much huh? Somebody should send him a box set of Law and Order:SVU maybe that will damper his attraction to teenyboppers.

As a sidenote. I am normally not a fan of love storys. I find most of them too mushy. But I love the Notebook! Good movie.

Delaware D

Then he saw the movie MAGIC MIKE and well,...... thats another story.

myopinion

Why are you speaking of her NOW!!!! No one knew you were married until your ex appeared on the VH1 show...You kept her in hiding...SAD SAD SAD!!!!!

MISSA

I personally didn't like "The Notebook". I wanted to puke it was way to mushy for me.

Alex Von Heisenberg

As once said by the great Michael Bolton in the movie Office Space ...... ' no talent ass clown '

Eric in L.A.

I wonder what inspired him to have sex and piss on a 13 year old girl????

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

What a douche. He needs to trap himself back in the closet. His Happy Meal is missing a toy.

Jay W.

The power of film... ?

LANZOH

Fool, it was A MOVIE, not every marriage/relationship works out so perfectly, in REAL LIFE, you gotta put in a little effort, and it helps if one of you isn't a PEDOPHILE.

Jude

SUREEEEEEEE. And I guess him pissing on a 14 year old little girl had NOTHING to do with it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments