Flavor Flav

Ignites Mega-Explosion

... Cops Rush In

7/6/2012 9:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706_flava_flav_launch
It looked like a post-apocalyptic WAR ZONE when cops arrived to Flavor Flav's home on the 4th of July ... with smoke, loud explosions, and a charged up mob ... and the whole thing was caught on tape.

Long story short -- Flav and some of his Las Vegas neighbors set off a TON of fireworks in the middle of the street ... and not surprisingly, the noise (and the giant fireworks in the sky) attracted the local police.

When cops arrived ... they sifted their way through the smoke and located Flav, who was still clutching a lighter in his hand.

0706_flava_flav_sub
Flav was totally cooperative -- and forked over his I.D. to the police. The laws regarding fireworks in Vegas are a little loose ... but cops didn't feel like Flav's situation warranted an arrest.

Instead, cops asked the rapper and his neighbors to stop lighting the fireworks and clear out of the street ... and everyone seemed to oblige.

We spoke to Flav about the incident, who told us, "We had a good time watching my fireworks show and everything ended safely. Cops came a few times but didn’t arrest me … thank God (and the police)!!”

Fat Mike

Yeah boy!

kerrplunk

This dude is a mess..

big'un

Sounds like the had them selves a large time. I wonder which clock he as wearing?

itsnoise

No different from what the rest of the valley was doing on the 4th. Happy 4th of July America!

Johnny Carcinoma

I'd sell my house in 5 seconds if Flav moved in nearby.

Bridget

AWWW lucky. That sounds like fun. I live by Denver, so I didn't even hear any fireworks this year. They were banned. Our darn state keeps starting on fire...so a very understandible ban. Oh well, hopefully next year.

DaveT

"watch me light this little firecracker"

LCS27

Somewhere, right now, a black rapper is committing a crime.

sean

If I were one of the cops, I'd make them go get some brooms and dustpans and clean that s.h.i.t up. You make the mess, you clean it up.

Jack

Thought he looked a bit charred, those fireworks can be dangerous.

Travis

And he thought 911 was a joke! Haha!!!

Straight Talkin Texan

That was quite a gathering of people. I'm kinda surprised that he didn't get in more trouble, but maybe the cop didn't want to upset a crowd that large.

Ratings Needed

I beg to differ with your loose comment "The laws regarding fireworks in Vegas are a little loose" The law cleary states that fireworks that shoot up are ILLEGAL & as you could see FF was shooting the big ones that go up...the sparks come down set homes on fire, etc. Last night there was a devasting fire in LV due to FIREWORKS. 18 familes, 50 people are now without a home because some person that is stupid was shooting off fireworks! The law also cleary states that fireworks, the simple ones, can ONLY be used on July 4. Not after midnight. FF cleary got a pass from Metro. It's lame people that generally break the law!

Sultry

Why is that guy standing on top of the car?! Why do people use the 4th of July to be a nuisance to their neighbors?! I am just certain it was explosive in the most ghettofabulous disruptive manner known. Like here in L.A. BOOOOMB!!!!!!!

SharronPriceSwallows