Rapper Trina

More Power to Frank Ocean

... Gay Is Okay!

7/6/2012 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0705_trina_getty
Frank Ocean
isn't being met with resistance from the entire hip hop community -- rapper Trina tells TMZ, she fully supports Frank coming out, claiming, "He's extremely talented and that's what matters."

As expected, Frank's revelation this week -- that he is sexually attracted to men -- has received a mixed reaction in the hip hop community ... a notoriously homophobic sector of the music industry.

But Trina tells us, "I don’t think [Frank's] music sales or the level of support his music obtains should be judged based on his sexual preference."

She adds, "If he’s happy and comfortable with his sexuality then so be it. I feel his decision to come forward was bold and honest. It’s his life. Let him enjoy and live it. I wish him much success and happiness."

0702_out_footer

Melissa

rap is still around? Trina...never heard of her.

big'un

Who is she and who cares what she thinks

Dan Frederiksen

God is less enthusiastic. something about abomination and hell fire.
male homosexuality will never be ok. just like pedophilia will never be ok.
in evolution it's a dead end, not just the obvious problems with reproduction but also cute side effects like aids epidemics.
and from a christian spiritual perspective it's an abomination in the eyes of God.
so in what wise perspective is it ok?

Denver

I like turtles. Just as noteworthy, dont you think?

Bubbles The Chimp

I feel you, Girl.

Joe

Frankoceansayswhat

saicon

Gay is not ok. It is a crime against nature!

camperxl

Clue in TMZ... not accepting homosexuality lifestyle ≠ homophobic. We are not afraid of homosexual - we don't accept their lifestyle as moral. Completely different things.

david

i dont care what anybody does but, gay is NOT ok...its nasty ,immoral, and a one way ticket to hell...theres a reason why God made it so they couldnt breed...also people who disagree with it are not homophobic we just know its wrong and are allowed to have a opinion too...its amazing how if you think its wrong the liberal gay democrats attack us for being homophobic on one hand and preach tolerance on the other...just a bunch of gay hypocrites

Bridget

It is nice she is being supportive. I hope more hip hop stars come forward to support him.

just my opinion

mixed responses from what notable "hip hop" people? ...ive seen nothing but support from singers and rappers alike. the only negativity is from inet trolls.

Tee

I don't know who she is--but I like her!

tom

What would make you admit that you smoke pole. Keep you **** holster shut and just write music.

art vandelay

caribbean queen? I have no idea who these celebrities are nowadays.

Jay W.

2 gay guys were walking down the street when one of them noticed a dog licking his balls. 1st gay say's to his friend, "I sure wish I could do that." His buddy says, "you know... I'd try petting him first."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments