Former 'Idol' Star Corey Clark

Suing MTV for Defamation

And He Wants $40 MILLION

7/7/2012 5:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0707_corey_clark_tmz
Former "American Idol" contestant Corey Clark -- who is more famous for being kicked off the show than actually being on it -- is suing MTV for defamation after he claims one of their reporters repeatedly badmouthed him ... and he wants a whopping $40 MILLION for his troubles.

Hard to believe, but it's been over nine years since Clark was booted from "Idol" after making the top 10 ... because producers claimed he failed to disclose a recent arrest. Two years later ... Clark claimed to have had an affair with "Idol" judge Paula Abdul.

But Clark claims that when it came to reporting on him, MTV News (and one writer in specific) referred to him as a "degenerate," accused him of lying about the charges against him, and even urged readers to boycott his music. Mission accomplished on that one.

Clark says he was ridiculed by MTV for his relationship with Abdul, accusing him of making it up. He still maintains it happened.

Clark describes MTV's practices as "abusing the constitutional privledges of 'freedom of the press' ... with the intent to permanently impair his state property rights and decimate his mental well-being."

He is suing MTV, Viacom, and the writer in question, Jim Cantiello, and is asking for the aforementioned $40 mil.

Christy

Hey dumbazz...you have to have a reputation to ruin first.

Mason H

"Hi there, remember that time 9 years ago when you hurt my feelings? Well I'm really broke and completely talentless so I'd like you to give me $40 million dollars now please. Thanks!" Someone needs to make a law that turns frivolous lawsuits back on their filers and if you're found to be filing a lawsuit for no reason other than a payday, the people you're suing should automatically be awarded the amount you tried to sue them for. I suspect our societies abuse of the legal system would drop and law school enrollments would plummet.

laffnbear

I want 40 mil too. Think I will get it?

Jack

Hope they don't settle with this piece of garbage.

DaveT

I could use a cool $40,000,000 too, I'm down to my last $120,000,000 and may have to fire the butler.

Jordan

I think MTV should give him $40 not because they dfamed him because it looks like he is broke homeless living in the streets and could use a handout.

t

Get a job a-hole, stop wasting the Court's time.

Joe

Get a job like everyone else loser ! This guy belongs in a mental institution. Ooops, I just bad mouthed him. I guess he is going to want 40,000,000 from me too.

Fat Mike

Can MTV recover costs when this is laughed out of court?

Lori

This guy will do anything to try to make a free buck! Get a job, loser!

Ashley

15 minutes of fame wasn't enough huh?

xfile71070

...and I'm sure he'll get every penny of that....what a dumbass

lisa

easy money don't come that easy, not even on Easy Street...

There's a problem here

... next

JustAnotherFatAmerican

Loser. Party of one. Loser, party of one, your table is ready.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments