Savannah Guthrie

Officially Co-Anchor,

Lauer Gets Anchor Wood

7/9/2012 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0709_today
Call it morning (show) wood ... but Matt Lauer was SOOOO excited about introducing Savannah Guthrie as his new "Today" show co-anchor ... he could barely sit still.

With a giant "Thank god Ann Curry's finally gone" smile on his face ... Lauer said he was "pleased to be sharing this new day" with Guthrie ... noting, "We're all very happy" about the change.

Guthrie said it's "an honor" to be sitting next to Lauer.

Just don't piss him off.

Margo

I have been watching the Today Show for almost 30 years. Consider this my last day. Trust.

bob

Out with the Old (Hag) in with the new (piece of tail) who wouldn't take that deal?

sue

hahaha who watches these two FAKE people? After how they treated Ann? Can't wait til their show TANKS
how many viewers do they have 3? awful awful awful
they deserve to have ratings DROP...YUK.....
plastic people........................

joe

he's just getting ready to **** her like the rest of the anchors.

Mikki

Personally I thought Savannah did good. Ann was way too serious. Come on Joan of Arc coming out on a horse with Meridith as Tina Turner. When you're unhappy it shows. It showed it both Ann and Matt. He was the main anchor, just sayin'. Now how about NBC's editting crew???

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Don't worry... they'll be back to going limp in 3...2...1.

Lekili

NBC let go of the wrong person and for that I am letting go of NBC. Adios!

rft

On Friday (after Ann Curry left on Thursday) their viewership dropped by 670,000. They were in a dead heat with Good Morning America. I hope to continue watching their ratings fall. What they did to Ann was cruel. For this household it's GMA all the way.

Sandra

Savannah is not the right person for the job!!! Lauer is a slime bag! I have moved on and I suspect Today's ratings will go way down because Lauer and Savannah are not likeable or relatable

Rafaelle Zuccaro

NBC is very similar to the Huffington Post, , managed by Arianna and the Rabbi people who own and run NBC--- NBC and Huffington will ALLOW any type of discrimination against ANY and ALL RELIGIONS and NATIONALITIES "EXCEPT" JEWS-- thats a no-no!!! I have been banned from Huffington for that reason-- Huffington must be owned and Operated by the same Jews who run and Own Hollywood!!!

grandmacc

He is why I don't watch the show, period ! ! !

gutsygirl

Hit the LIKE button to boycott Matt Lauer.

coyorkie

He is a real jerk and I will never watch the Today show again. Wonder if he will have an affair and father a child out of wedlock with his new candy arm?

Christy

Wasn't a big Ann Curry fan, but hope she's lawyering up on this one.

Joanne