'X Factor'

God Has Enough,

Shuts Down Auditions

7/9/2012 5:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0709_xfactor_lightning_twitter
There was electricity in the air at the "X Factor" auditions in Greensboro, NC today ... because the production truck was struck by lightning ... TMZ has learned.

Sources at the scene tell us ... a major storm rolled in over the Greensboro Coliseum Complex this afternoon ... and knocked out power to the complex.

We're told the lights in the arena went out during the auditions. The mics also went dead.

Sources say some of the judges -- including Britney Spears and Demi Lovato -- were freaked out because of the thunder ... and are now hiding out in their dressing rooms.

Producers have suspended the auditions indefinitely ... and security is on standby in case the storm gets worse and the judges have to make a quick exit.

Straight Talkin Texan

OMG! Lightning! It's so scaryyyy! lol

Carl

What did they lighten? I'd expect lightning, but I've never seen "lightening".

South Beach

Welcome to the south in the summer. Come on Britney, you're from Louisana. You like lightening, come to Florida.

News Flash

Why is Britney so close to Simon?

big'un

Looks to me like Britney and Simon are snuggling up there. I guess she still isn't in control of her facility's .

ThirdFromTheLeft

Fantastic. But I'd be a little happier if God did something about the ongoing massacre in Syria.

Rocco

If it takes God to put an end to all of this singing show crap, I'll be in church on Sunday.

static

Four completely unlikeable people.

DaveT

God shuts down X Factor. Gotta love the headline :D

namers

As long as they know to go under their desks if there's an earthquake while filming live..

ohboy

This same storm went through my area. Although it was extremely loud compared to a regular storm, it's something we are used to. Not enough to warrant hiding in your dressing room.

Truth

DEAR SANTA CLAUSE.... THERE IS A GOD!! THANK YOU FOR SHUTTING THAT SUCK ASS FAKE REALITY COWELL PRODUCED LIP SYNCING SHOW. SIGNED... SURI CRUISE. #TRUTH!!

Johnny

Incase the judges have to make a quick exit? What about everyone else? Isn't security there for everyone?

gamepro

its only a storm calm down get over it and keep on going their acting like little kids

Moonbeam

I'm surprised Britney was that upset over the thunder. She's from Lousiana! Maybe she's been out here in California for so long she forgot how loud those southeastern thunderstorms can be. I used to live there, and they are not only loud, but sometimes it seems the whole sky lights up from the lightening. I laugh when we get even a thin little sliver of lightening here in the L.A. area, and it makes the news! So funny.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments