New 'Idol' Judges

Nigel Pushing for

Charlie Sheen, Jerry Lewis!

7/10/2012 11:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_charlie_sheen_jerry_lewis_AI_tmz"American Idol" producers are sending feelers out every which way as a "very preliminary" step in deciding what the make-up of the show will be for Season 12 ... sources tell TMZ ... but Nigel Lythgoe has laid it on the line -- he wants CHARLIE SHEEN and JERRY LEWIS on the judge's panel.

There have been numerous reports that Adam Lambert, Katy Perry, Fergie, Miley Cyrus and others are being courted, but we've learned Fremantle -- the company that produces "Idol" has a new head -- and nothing has been decided.

We're told producers believe they still have a chance of re-signing Jennifer Lopez -- whom they want badly.  Our sources say the process of deciding who will be on the show is like a giant jigsaw puzzle.  If Lopez goes away, then certain replacements would make sense and others would not.  If Steven Tyler or Randy Jackson say bye bye, then a different set of replacements would make sense.

We're told feelers are being sent out wide, so producers have options depending on which judges return.  But they are "far" from making any decisions.

Fact is ... even Nigel Lythgoe and Ken Warwick haven't been picked up for Season 12.  But Nigel tells TMZ ... if he does come back he'll push for Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis.

We think he's kidding ... but then again, it could be awesome.

ManiacalZebra

If they start choosing judges to try and get viewers with a "WTF?" motive, they will quickly be on their way out. So ... lets get some more of those "WTF?" judges on and kill this show already!

Joe

Seriously? a singing competition with Sheen? Jerry? The man will die any minute now.

Cmon.. first Adam rumors, now this? Are they that desperate that they have to resort to this? Just get Janet Jackson. Huge draw, even over Jlo.

Googie

American Idol it was fun while it lasted. American Idol now grasping at straws & must know their run has just about run out. If this story is serious, they must have a jokester clown in charge.

Keyser Söze

Anything for ratings... then again, AI has been a joke for so long, putting in joke judges seem to be the next logical step.

static

If Charlie and Jerry were on I'd watch.

I am Spartacus

Nigel sees what a hit Howard Stern is and thinks "hey let me add someone else controversal."

I thought American Idol was a singing competition. What does Charlie Sheen have to do with singing? At least AGT is a show about finding an entertaining act for Vegas and Howard can give insight on whats relevant and what would entertain an audience.

Just get rid of American Idol already. The show sucks.

H Calahan

I don't watch anymore because it's ridiculous that they pay the judges $ 20 million each, and also pay Seacreast $ 15 Million. They are not worth the $ 75 Million total. Not to mention Simon Cowells cut, and Nigels. It sad in the end that the winner of the show gets peanuts. I say slash the judges salaries in half and raise the winners prize. Then more people will tune back in. Heck, I'd like to see Paula back. She was only getting $3 million, which seemed acceptable.

parlayer

Fuddy Duddy, and Fuddy Duddy'er! judge??

jeff

I used to think Jerry Lewis was NOT funny! Then I saw him on tv a couple of times, and he killed! He's a bitter old, dirty, offensive comic. He insults people. I was wrong about him, he's f ck ng hilarious! For anybody that doesn't like him, at least respect how much money his telethons have raised over the years.(at least 30 I think)Love Jerry Lewis, long live Jerry Lewis.

LittleBIt

Nigel you d*ck, WE ARE OVER THE A**HOLE Charlie. Sure, lets reward him for his retarded, alcoholic, cocaine binge behavion by asking him to judge a show. NO F-ing WAY! Why dont you just invite him to your house for dinner if you like this jerk so much?
I keep hoping Charlie and Kim Kardashian will drop over dead some day soon so we never ever have to see or hear about them again.

CriticXtreme

I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB.

Melanie

Charlie Sheen? Did they not learn anything from Ellen?

soobeedoo

Serious?? For real??? Get out!!! No frikin' way!!!!! Oh...I see it's gonna be Comedy Idol now, right?? HAHAHAHA!!!!! Funny!! ..................NOT!!!!!!

Joey

That decision would surely Kill American Idol kidding or not it is just plain Stupid

ThirdFromTheLeft

Oh god yes! Both!
I will watch for the first time.