Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Terry

I quit watching the show yesterday when Steven quit. He's the only reason I watched anyway.

Brian

I really don't care ... that show SUCKS !

Beth

This this ashame. They were good on the show. I've heard rumors that Charlie Sheen may be one of the judges. If they get that jackass on the show it will be horrible and people wont watch as he is a loser!!!

Rosalyn

Who cares. She is like an old worn out door knob. Everyone, including her gay boyfriend, has had a turn on her. She is one of the reasons we did not watch the show anyway. Good bye finally to JLo and especially that ugly Steven.

mebrat24

best news of the day, maybe she can start selling Fiat's on the side.

Tim Wilson

Where is the neither selection?

Tim Wilson

Where is the neither check box? Time to get this crap off the airwaves!

sotiredofthis

Charile, absolutely - would be such an asset and draw and give AI the renewal it needs. Jerry Lewis, absolutely NOT. He's an icon, yes, but he's, well, let's face it - old and he's a lot like Barbara Walters. They are both icons, however, today, unfortunately they are not relevant and given the camera, they hog it and it becomes all about them just as cratchedy old folks do. Plus what does Jerry know from music? Please no. It would be a death knell for AI. I know you're saying what does Charlie know from music either - and he doesn't in reality, but he's hip and can relate to the really young and the next several generational demograpics as well. Won't miss Steven - will miss Jennifer. Truthfully, wouldn't miss Randy. Let's get a new black music mogul, Charlie and a young hip chick. That's the ticket.

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

Lopez showed that she could sing when she did the film about Selena. Since then, blah.

CLIFF LAWSON

steven tyler was done before american idol, now he thinks he is a rock star at 65!! give it up.

Shirley

I'd prefer them both stay; and I hope Ryan isn't leaving (what a sweetie). But if that happens, try bringing back Paula, or maybe Carrie Underwood. Never liked K. Osborne; if you must find a new host and Simon canned his old one from his show--I loved him. Just a thought. I love J-Lo and Steven as well. Sad to see "anyone" go.

Roxann

Who really cares, this show has been over for awhile in my opinion. THE VOICE is the show to watch now, so much better, no favortism, just honest truth, which the singers appreciate...

ShrinkWrap

She and Idol have one thing in common: They have both always sucked.

STLuver

I hate to see JLo go .... wouldn't mind seeing Randy Jackson go ..... but dayum, the show WILL go to hell in a hand basket now that Steven Tyler is leaving!!!! He's the one that everyone wanted to see!!!!! ST was the last prayer for this show to make a come back. No one can save it now!!!!

Dino

Why they make a big deal about this ... those two seat can be fill it up easily !