Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Jet

Steven & Jennifer make enough moolaa now.. Let em' go like "rats on a sinking ship" lol

josh

She has to prepare for her DEM.-CONVENTION-STINT for the RE-ELECTION of ODUMBO !! After which , me and many other AMERICAN-VOTERS will no longer be her FANS !!!

LCS27

You say goodbye and I say J-Lo

Lynda Jones-owings

Actually, the show has been over for three years now. I am happy that it will be over soon, because I have always felt that the show had a second agenda.

Rhonda

Why is it when they bring all these talent shows to America; they are not hiring Americans, as one of judge on the show? I am so tired watching all these shows, and there's no Americans on the show as a judges.

Pat

BOTH of the BITCHES are quitting -- AWESOME! YAYYYYYY!

JAT

Just NO Kutcher, NO Jenny McCarthy, and NO, NO, NO Kardashians.

cochino

In Re: Polls

Why can't it be neither?

TMZ if you're going to have these polls, you need to make them fair for everyone. Throw in "I Don't Care", or "Whatever" in once in a while why don't ya?

Sammy

GOOD. I stop watching when they turned dodwn talented singer and put through clowns (5 years ago). I never respected JLO as a judge. She cant sing....talentless.

Mohamed Goubi

They have to make a change now what if they bring Marilyn Manson as a judge ? why not ? :)

annoymous

Jennifer has an amazing beautiful voice and is a very good person. however Steven lost his voice years ago, he cracked it and sings allful now. He gave the tittle to people that were not as good as others, and cast out the great ones. The show will be cancelled, lost all it's ratings. It like he was jealous. I notice mostly that he hated the beautifiul ones, but then again he always had bad taste in woman, but he can't get Jennifer, as always he could never get a Jennifer. HA HA HE HE! Don't get it do you.

Troy

I like them both, but j-lo at least gave a comment relating to music and singing. Steve always said the same thing

Marie Carlucci

With Steven Tyler gone, if they don't get Simon back, I will not watch AI anymore.

CriticXtreme

American Idol, how about putting a non-famous person as a judge> $26 million, 50% backend, %35 percent of filing of fake/scripting casting of non-singer, 55 percent reruns, DVD, do***entary sales, I submit 5 songs. 5 will be mine and 1 will be from a band that actually has talent. I keep all publishing, masters, copyrights, top 5 of non talented vocals, I get 20 percent, top 2, 35 percent of the fakery, top/winner, I get 65 percent and I get 45 percent of all the morons dialing in their votes.

annie

If they change what they have now there well be a lot of people quiet looking at this show i love this show