Usher's Stepson

Family Can't Afford to Keep

Him Alive Much Longer

7/15/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0710_tameka_foster_usher_raymond_article_2Usher's ex-wife -- Tameka Raymond -- will be forced to take her 11-year-old son off life-support as early as next month, TMZ has learned, all because his insurance coverage is about to expire.

Sources close to the family tell TMZ ... Tameka has not lost hope that her son, Kyle Glover, can make a drastic recovery ... despite doctors declaring him brain dead last week following a jet ski accident. We're told she is telling friends ... she still believes in miracles.

According to our sources, Tameka can only keep Kyle on life-support as long as her insurance company agrees to pay ... otherwise she doesn't have the funds to cover the enormous hospital bills.

We're told the insurance company hasn't set a specific deadline, but they've made it clear ... they're only willing to shell out coverage for a couple months ... tops.

Our sources say that Usher -- who helped raise Kyle for several years -- has been incredibly supportive in this difficult time... but has NOT offered to pay for any medical bills. We're told Tameka does not see him as a viable financial option.

As TMZ first reported, Kyle was struck in the head by a jet ski while inner tubing on Lake Lanier -- doctors declared him brain dead days later.

GB

He is NOT being kept alive--he is brain dead--time to let it go and donate his organs so that others may lie.

joy

I'm sorry for this family's tragedy, but at the same time, the mom can see miracles happen by donating his organs for transplant. Saving the lives of other people will be multiple miracles.

Lydia

Oh, Good Lord, people. I don't believe a WORD from this piece of crap article. It's TMZ. Nothing on here is credible.

KOTTONCANDY

God Bless! Little kyle,his mother Tameka and step-father Usher I will keep him in my prays at all times.

Tamara

How many of you would give up on your child because he or she is brain dead? wouldnt you want to hold on and hope for a miracle. Usher should help too, after all that's his step son it could have been one of his sons that this jet ski incident could have happen to.

Kalahema Singh

I had a head troma and I say that I was helped by my first turban that was provide by Mr Karnel Singh .And after words I went on to get my deploma and became a full pledge Punjabi Sikh .Ihope the best for the child and he has my prayers .

philip

Usher is worth milions. If he doesn't pay, I will not be his fan any more. I'm sure I won't be alone. Pay up *******.

DEE

THIS WASN'T HIS WATCH, YES HE IS THE STEPFATHER BUT HE SHOULDN'T BE GUILTED TO PAY FOR HIS MEDICAL CARE. THIS IS WHY WE HAVE INSURANCE AND WHEN THEY SAY NO BRAIN ACTIVITY THEIR IS NO OTHER HELP. DON'T MAKE HIM SUFFER. I FEEL FOR TAMEKA SO SO SAD.

Willie J. Hicks Sr.

May God Bless you and yours

Barbara Krukow

It's a very Hard thing for a mother to let go, I just went thru this with my cousin and her son was in his 40's But it sure doesn't make it EASIER No Matter the age... My HEART & PRAYERS go out to her & Her Family...

Gay Lynn

I encourage all family members to @ least give it a thought to give his life a chance to keep on living! Organ donation gives the reciepitate a chance to LIVE again........
I am a living donor, proud to say I donated a kidney & would do it again ! :)

2B4realva

This is so sad and my prayers go out to the family, as for those of you who made smart remarks but don't kow how to spell check your self. Jordan Usher was not there when this happened. Where do you people get your info!!

linsey

It is a waste of those who must pay premiums and deducatables for them to keep this kid on machimes.
Mama needs a bite of a reality sandwich and do the right thang and let this boy go.

tammy

so what makes her an expert above the dr.'s? it is one thing to have hope, yet another to be in total denial like that poor girl in florida that had to live in a vegetative state for so many years because her parents would not let her die with some dignity.

i'm a lawyer!

With all due respect to the people involved, because this is a tragic situation all around, Usher shouldn't be guilt-tripped into footing the bill. If he chooses to do so, great. If not, that's okay too. But it sucks for the mom that an insurance company is threatening to take the decision of taking him off life support away from her. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments