Justin Bieber

Photog Could Be First

Charged Under New Law

7/17/2012 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0706-justin-bieber-bauer-article-1
The paparazzo who was the ringleader in the Justin Bieber freeway chase could be the first person charged under a new California anti-paparazzi law.

Sources involved in the investigation tell TMZ ... the CHP has recommended to the L.A. City Attorney that the photog be charged with the law that prohibits paparazzi from endangering people while trying to shoot photos or video.

We're told the CHP is also recommending a second charge -- reckless driving.

As we first reported, the L.A. City Attorney is reviewing the CHP's file and will decide what -- if anything -- to file.

If the photog is charged and convicted under the new law, he could go to the pokey for 1 year.

Majestik

Right, he owns the only car of his kind, the speeding Tin Foil roll, and he's wearing a toque and blackrim glasses? Aren't the windows of his car darkened out too? What a fruitcake.

Jade

What about reckless driving for Bieber? He had a phone in his car, and someone in the passenger seat to use it, yet they didn't call 911 until after the police pulled them over. The paps crossed the line -- but how does that excuse Bieber from being accountable for endangering the lives of others. He was not a victim.. he was playing.

Pat

What about the "Beaver" he was going like 100 mph and didn't have enough sense to call the cops. He should do some time, have his license suspended and put some paint on that stupid attention seeking car. He drives that around and complains about the paparazzi spotting him?

paigehop

That car is freaking awesome!!! I'd drive recklessly, too, if I owned the spacecraft!

Betty

The only thing they were trying to do is take a picture....oh no! Big baby!

two cents

The paps weren't chasing themselves. Princess bieb should also be arrested and taught a lesson before he kills someone. Just a matter of time with too much testosterone and not enough sense.

bob

Amazing. So they're only going after the pap? That sucks. It was Bieber who instigated the high-speed chase and weaved in and out of traffic, etc. All he had to do was ignore them and there wouldn't have been a "chase"...heck, how could they get a shot through his tinted windows, anyway? Sure sounds like preferential treatment to me.

Bob

The guy should be charged with reckless driving but Justin Bieber should be charged also.

Tracey

BOUT FKN TIME!

marymac

Biebette needs to be charged with reckless driving & speeding too! No excuse for endangering so many!!

Starla

Damn it!!!!...If there is a CA law that says I have to talk "hands-free" while drving, then why is it so hard to for a law to be passed addressing wreckless driving for ALL parties involved in a high speed chase? Maybe I should write my local congressman/woman.

I'm so confused...COPS get immunity if they injure/kill someone during a high speed chase. Looks like JB (celebrities) get immunity as well. All for a picture. Disgusting.

Nostradamus

Waldo, I mean Justin, should be charged for his fashion choice.

JL

JUSTIN BIEBER 911 AUDIO & VIDEO AT YOUTUBE NOW

The Ultimate Trip - "Pop Star Car Chase 911" (PSA)

#PopStarCarChase911

ihateskanks

Yeah, no they need to put bieber in jail instead. Stupid ass celebrities go into the business knowing damn well there's going to people who want to take their pictures. It's a traded off you have to deal with so he needs to gtf over it or quit the business. Crossing my fingers for the latter so I don't have to listen to his crappy teeny bopper music everywhere I go

ihateskanks

If I was the DA bieber, lohan and hilton would all be behind bars right now

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments