« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

My Kids DESERVE

a New Dog

7/18/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

071712_vick_launch
NFL star Michael Vick wants to own a dog again -- and five years after his conviction for illegal dog fighting, he can legally get one -- but the question is ... should he?

The Philadelphia Eagles QB was on Piers Morgan's show last night, and said he would like to get a dog for his kids.

After Vick served 19 months in federal prison ... he was banned from owning dogs for 3 years. That ban is about to expire, and Vick thinks having a dog could be "therapeutic" ... for his children. He told Piers, "I can't take that dream away from them. That's selfish on my behalf."

One positive? Vick says he won't let his kids get a pit bull.

Still, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dharmrules

PLEASE ! I totally agree with the "big H", he is not wired correctly and that cannot be changed. He is slime, lower than slime to do those acts to animals . You can't take certain acts back and are engraved in you forever. His name and dogs/animals cannot be in same sentence . I am sick to my stomach about this and have never blogged/chatted about anything before. He absolutely has to be stopped. Sorry for his kids, but there is no way he should be within miles of animals.Could go on forever, but bottom line is NO, NO, NO. The risk is too great and deserve has nothing todo with this.

Florence

Michael Vick should not have be permitted to have any dogs... his crimes towards the dogs were unaccepable. Having a dog is a gift not a right. He has no right to have a dog.

Susan

This subject should NOT be up for discussion. Once an abuser, always an abuser. I wonder if his kids know what he's done.

gibby

remember karma!!!! he will get his and then we can say told you so!!!!!!!!

Jewel

Sad but this is a good lesson for his children and the consequences of poor choices and how they often involve more than just the person that made them. I thought the statement from the ASPCA said it all.

diane

HELL NO..He should have thought of his kids BEFORE he tortured and killed innocent animals for his own entertainment.

Toronto manss

Its not like he was the one who made the dogs fight, he didnt even know about it. he was charged cuz his cuzins had dogfights in his house. And he wasnt even home. If sarah palin can shoot a moose, and bull.riders can shock the bulls teaticles, then you have every right to fight your dogs..

michele

I really hope Mr. Vick never gets another dog. What his kids really deserve is to not have a father that is a dog killer. Abuse to animals I can never forgive. The only reason he was sorry is because he got caught.

Gina

Changed? Are you kidding me? He's changed only because he wanted to continue to get a big, fat paycheck. Bastard should have been banned from football. And, guess what? Your kids are "deprived" of a dog because of what you did to the dogs. Entitled bastard should rot in hell.

Asbjørn Frisvold

This horrible human being doesn't deserve a dog. He didn't change, he just got caught. To bad his family has to pay, but that's his own fault. All that voted yes shoud, check out some pictures or even movies of what he did to dogs for years.

nancee

Well due to his behavior, his kids should never have a dog. What he did takes a lot of evil and no heart at all. He needs to just go away. S*** bag

ANIMAL LOVER

I VOTE NO!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR KIDS YOUR OTHER DOGS FROM 5 YEARS AGO AND TELL THEM THEY ALREADY HAD DOGS AND THIS IS WHAT DAD DID TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc

I think ppl who are charged w animal abuse should be banded for life to have any period.

groovyroom

God I despise this guy. What an arrogant prick. What he should have said is, "My Kids DESERVE a new dad!"

No Vick the Dick, you do NOT deserve a dog. That's like a child molester saying he should be able to adopt a kid! Jesus! Every time I see your face I want to puke! You tortured and brutally killed with your own hands beautiful, loving animals, God's creatures, and you should NEVER be allowed to get near a dog again. Disgusting!

And TMZ, how about showing a picture or two of what he did to those dogs? Like the one he hung alive? Or the one he drowned with his own hands? This guy is a sociopath and when he kills a person one day I will just sit back and say, yeah you celebrity worshipping idiots, the writing was always on the wall. Ugh!

carla

His kids deserve a dead dog like the ones their father tortured and murdered!