« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Kidd

Half-Apologizes for

DWI Crash 'Disruption'

7/21/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0721_jason_kidd_tmz_taxiJason Kidd took to his twitter account to kind of, sort of apologize for his alleged drunk-driving accident last week in Southhampton, NY.

Kidd was arrested July 15 for DWI after allegedly smashing his SUV into a light pole ... which knocked out the power of the surrounding community for hours.

After pleading not guilty to DWI -- the Knicks point guard addressed the crash publicly for the first time via Twitter yesterday, but made sure not to take responsibility of any kind.

He tweets,  "I regret any disruption my accident last weekend may have caused members of the community and want to thank the local authorities ... I’d also like to thank my family and friends for their support."

Kidd sure knows how to beat around the bush. Poles? Not so much.

Kidd is due back in court September 12.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

I'm your friend and I support you... Here, take another drink and while you're at it, don't let me take the keys to your car or call you a cab because I don't want to insult by thinking you're too drunk to drive.

t

Maybe we'll get a full apology after another DWI which actually results in a fatality. Nice going ********.

mcf

complete asshat

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Yeah nice try. You'll still face a judge & if there is true justice you'll get the book thrown at you. Why did the wife leave the car between the bar & your home? Too many witnesses, photos, & unanswered questions for you to slither out of this. The only reason you didn't kill anyone that night was luck, that's all.

Time to bring the hammer down on all you mentally defective athletes who think you can do what you want with impunity. Let's thin the herd all you professinal sports organizations. Show a spine & don't just think about the wins & the money they'll get you. No more second & third & fourth chances. The only punishment these people understand is that of a shrinking bank account so give it to them & cut them loose.

Elle-Vee

As a Dallas resident, I am happy you have gone away, you drunken old bastard!

FresnoBullpup

He's still an idiot.

Goffy

Too bad its wasn't Jimmy D instead of power pole.

dale12

What a freakin a$$, this dude has been getting away with crap his whole life...In High School he was given passing grades by his teachers, because he brought a State Championship to the school. At UC Berkeley he "never" attended class, and after his sophmore year, entered the NBA. I say "throw the book at him!"

sidithers

Hes a pos
And his so called s***bag friends too for letting this a-hole drive

Joao

Celebrity Public Apology Letter No. 213e: No Culpability w/law enforcement kiss up clause.

JoejeepJrneary

He talks the talk but DOESNOT walk the walk.

JoejeepJrneary

He talks the talk but does NOT walk the walk.

static

I hear he may sue because the light pole was too close to the road.

Mrugowsky

If you're going to be a drunk prick, at least own it.