Tito's Son TJ

To Seek Temp Guardianship

of MJ's Kids

7/24/2012 9:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0724_tj_jackson_01
Tito Joe Jackson
, aka TJ, the 34-year-old son of Michael Jackson's brother Tito, is having his lawyer draft legal docs in a bid to become temporary guardian of MJ's 3 kids ... TMZ has learned.

People familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... Paris, Prince and Blanket all want TJ to be their guardian because they believe Katherine -- their current guardian -- has effectively been kidnapped by MJ's siblings.  The kids haven't seen Katherine in 9 days.

Under California law, a judge would not grant a temporary guardian for teenagers unless the kids were on board with the selection, and we're told all 3 kids are down with it.  We're told TJ has often acted like a parent to the kids and they love him.

As we first reported ... the Michael Jackson Estate is standing by and will support TJ's bid to become the temporary guardian if asked by the Probate judge.

Just 15 hours ago, TJ tweeted to Paris, "I know it's completely unfair for them to do this to you and your brothers. We will keep trying. I love you."

By the way, TJ is married with kids and is in a band with his 2 brothers.  And get this ... he was Kim Kardashian's first love.  Check out what looks like their prom pic.

0724_kim_kardashian_t_jackson
One final point ... sources connected to MJ's siblings tell TMZ Michael's brothers and sisters are turning on each other.  One brother has secretly been telling people he does not support what the others are doing to Katherine.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

marymill

Janet Jackson can suck rotten eggs! I'll never support her as an entertainer again!

tmzchick83

Give the kids to me! I will take care of them! Sorry yall I am broke! But this family clearly has issues why is Janet in on it she has money and dating a billionaire!

1uniquemonique

Didn't Mike's will name Diana Ross, next in line to take care of his children if his mother becomes incapacitated???

SadbutTrue

Um!!! Where is Joe Jackson???

phia

I HOPE the executors think twice before agreeing to this.Another jackson wanting a cut from Michael's money.

Hometown

I'd take them in a heartbeat. i already take care of family members and I'll take care of them too. I'll sign anything to prove I don't want the miserable money. They'll do their homework, have a set bedtime and stay out of the freakin spotlight. These kids saw their father die, enough is enough.

and hey TMZ? do something about the disgusting comments people are writing about Paris already.

lisa

give them to their mom i trust her with them kids plus blanket she deservers them more than micheals family they are disgusting

Brenda Keyton

Are Ms.Jackson kids trying to kill there mom to get money. There mother is old now, and she should be living in peace, not having to fight with her kids.

Brenda Keyton

I hope and pray Ms. Jackson is ok, someone took my grandmother off once and gave her drugs, when she returned she had signed her home over to the lady, my grandmother could not remember who. We found out who she was when my grandmother passed.

gretchen

those jackson siblings should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, janet has her own money and those boys need to go to work...that money every penny belongs to michaels children and no one else, that is why the mother fled , she was sick of it all...hell the olny way she will live is to escape those vulgers

Ebony

Does anybody notice that Kim Kardashian looks like a lightskin black girl? Look at the nose and especially that official 1990's black girl pin curl hairdo. I am not knocking doing what you got to do but if she is denying her true identity thats wrong. Many mixed women of color have made names for themselves without trying to pass. I am black and puerto rican and she looks blacker than me!!!! LOL

kr

why don't the kids go with their mother

beenthere donethat

Both Grandma and TJ Jackson together could be a help and support to the kids for protection of all involved maybe. Gram could use some back here from the family bullies!
Have had to deal with that as well. Not easy, always a tough deal when money is put before people, shame shame shame. People before things(money)!
been there done that-