Chick-fil-A

PR Honcho Dies

of Heart Attack

7/27/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0727_chik_fil_a_article
A key member of the Chick-fil-A public relations department died of a heart attack this morning ... this in the middle of the biggest PR crisis the fast food chain has ever faced.

Chick-fil-A released a statement saying, "We are saddened to report the news to you that our dear friend Don Perry, vice president of public relations, passed away suddenly this morning."

As Chick-fil-A came under fire for its stance against gay marriage ... Perry spoke on behalf of the restaurant chain in an effort to smooth things over with the public ... promising to "leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

Chick-fil-A added, "Don was a member of our Chick-fil-A family for nearly 29 years.  He was a well-respected and well-liked media executive in the Atlanta and University of Georgia communities, and we will all miss him."

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his family."

xiam007

Thanks!, that reminds me I need to stop by Chick-fil-A on my way home and pick up some dinner....

R

And of Muslim owned businesses, what do they think?

tmzgirl

R.I.P. Don Perry, I'll make sure to go eat to Chick-fil-A in your honor!!!

Awfh

The above comments are why ***S are despised.

Marc

Let's see just how low the Liberals and the pro-gay people can be now. Not all, but I bet a lot will post inappropriately

CountryGal

This is the dumbest thing I've seen in ages. Quit bashing Chick-Fil-A TMZ and all you other morons. The founder is a Christian and everyone knows it. Leave them alone. I ate Chick-Fil-A yesterday and I'm going on August 1st to show my support. This is not helping the "GAY cause"

brenda

I've never eaten at Chick-Fil-A. When I'm in a chicken mood, KFC or Churches usually works for me. I'll have to drop by CFA and give em a try.

CorkiDeCat

God saw that he put money before the bible in his last statement... makes me wonder if there is a good God after all. Ps: the food sucks

Julie

Karma I guess. The bible says love thy neighbor, not hate gays. I don't think your supposed to hate anything if you follow the bible. Maybe if he would of gotten it right he would still be alive. I wonder if his god is going to let him thru those pearly gates or not ? After all he really wasn't living by the bibles "standards"

CorkiDeCat

Reading the posts from "Christians"... your God is really quite a hatefully creature... no wonder you all sound so bitter.

rodney

Eating too much of his own product?
Literally and figuratively...

CountryGal

Not helping your cause homosexuals. You want to be accepted but you're making things worse for yourself. What a bunch of idiots you are.

Wow ...

RIP. Who knows what his personal beliefs were, perhaps he was simply a man doing his job. Not filled with hate or discrimination.

Just sayn

Very well said DD!

CelebJustice

RIP Mr. Perry. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
Shame on you TMZ, posting this story only inflames the liberal intolerance of anyone/thing that has the nerve to disagree with them.