Dane Cook Apologizes

for Massacre Joke

-- 'Bad Judgment Call'

7/27/2012 2:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0727_dane_cook_tmz
Dane Cook has issued an apology for cracking a joke about the "Dark Knight Rises" massacre ... saying he regrets telling the joke ... and admits it was a "bad judgment call."

Cook just posted a statement on Twitter saying, "I am devastated by the recent tragedy in Colorado & did not mean to make light of what happened."

"I made a bad judgment call with my material last night & regret making a joke at such a sensitive time. My heart goes out to all of the families & friends of the victims."

As we previously reported, Cook's controversial joke went something like this ... The Batman movie is so bad, had the killing spree not occurred, the people inside of the theater would have been begging for someone to shoot them.

The whole thing went down Thursday night at The Laugh Factory on the Sunset Strip ... and was captured on tape. The footage was later posted to the website DailyCaller.com.

davej

What a dbag. And whats with the audience laughing and not booing this clown!?!

I am Spartacus

Dane Cook stole the joke from everyone who saw Good Luck Chuck or Employee of the Month.

Northerngirl41

I thank him for apologizing...that is all we have as human beings when we make a bad mistake and I believe in second chances since you did realize your mistake and apologized. Moving on...

Thomas Jefferson

DB !

LadyN

I used to like him but lately has has been apologizing more than anything else for his stupid, insensitive "jokes". I can't fathom anyone thinking a joke about such a tragedy was funny....

jlg

Your not even funny...on a good day

Thomas Jefferson

Too bad he wasn't in the front row last Thursday night

xoemmxo

wow! this katt williams sounds STUPID

deborah graham

white people just dont understand how play people are raised they dont descipline that kids and thats why the go around killing people

O

It was nice of him to apologize but he's still a hack.

shewentwhoa

He isn't funny at all.

L

Forget about Fred Willard whom everyone loves. Dane Cook is a piece of crap and should be boycotted or fired from whatever paying gig(s) he currently has.

Travis Lindsay

As mad as I am for the man that starred in Employee Of The Month saying Dark Knight Rises sucked I think i'm more mad for Dane Cook apologizing instead of standing by his Aurora Batman shooting joke that 1. didn't even mock the victims and 2. didn't glorify James Holmes the killer! all he pointed out is saying something we all have said when watching something that sucks. " Shoot me now " the only thing he attacked in the joke was the movie itself!

Thomas Jefferson

Full of ****!

frank

Hay Dane Cook F*%K YOU a$$ HOLE Apology not accepted next time think!!!!