« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

USA Crushes World

Easily Wins Gold

in Women's Gymnastics

7/31/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0731_women_gymnastic_team_article_getty
Not to gloat, but ... THE USA IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE ON THE PLANET IN WOMEN'S GYMNASTICS!!!!

The U.S. women's gymnastics team didn't just win GOLD in the team competition ... they CRUSHED the competition ... slaughtering Russia by a whole 5 points.

Just to compare, China beat the US back in 2008 by 2ish points ... in what was then considered to be a pretty dominant performance. So, 5 points is HUUUUUGE.

It's a big deal ... the team -- made up of Jordyn Wieber, Gabrielle Douglas, Alexandra Raisman, Kyla Ross, and McKayla Maroney -- was favored to win ... and they didn't disappoint, scoring 183.596 today. Russia came in at 178.5 (suck it).

Romania won bronze.

The last gold medal was won at the Atlanta Games in 1996 -- with the team of Amanda Borden, Amy Chow, Dominique Dawes, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Jaycie Phelps ... and of course ... Olympic hero Kerri Strug.

It's a beautiful day for America. Now excuse us while we set off some fireworks, wrap ourselves in the Declaration of Independence, and drive our Chevy into the sunset.

0731_gymnast_winning_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RGP

At least they are doing better than the Boxing team who are going down like a ton of bricks

Maggie

I was looking forward to watching this on TV tonight. Thanks so f*cking much TMZ! NOT!!!!!

Throwback kid

Congrats USA! the black girl looks a little like Chris Rock

sdsu

You are a buch of A$$HOLES TMZ! I was going to watch tonight, jerks

Truth

MICHAEL PHELPS LOST THE 200M FLY... BY 0.05 SEC!!!!! HE GETS SILVER. DOES NOT GET 3 GOLDS IN A ROW. #TRUTH!!

say wha

Thanks for spoiling it for me TMZ. I've been avoiding news sites and TV in general but I never dreamed you would give a sh*t about Olympic results. I'm outta here.

Vanessa

yay!!!!! #teamGabby

tyler

Good for them! Congrats!

I gotta ask though. Why are those girls so mutant looking?

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I don't know a straight man alive who doesn't wonder what those muscular thighs feel like wrapped around your hips.

LB

Obviously I need to avoid TMZ for the next 2 weeks, this is the second time I've had the results spoiled for me.

IceGypsy

They did a great job. Congrats to them. I feel for that poor Russian girl that fell at the end of her routine. She still walked away with a Silver, mind you in her eyes she didn't win a Silver she lost a Gold. That attitude needs to change. She should be proud of her silver.

LDB

Like a Boss

john wayne gacy

how lame was that when that sniveling girl
jordyn whiner, was crying because she did
not make the final cut for individual glory;

the olympics are about country and
gymnastics is all about the team.

little jordyn weebles fell
but could not get back up;

she looked like a typical blundering
american making it all about herself ....

Cujeaux

Just happy that they crushed China after the Bejing cheating scandal - using underage girls to compete.

Makes up for the men's disaster last night. The UK was robbed IMO. The Japanese men kept falling on their heads and got the silver? BS!

oneopinion

America is a continent, made up by 22 countries, one of them the US. The correct name is the United States. TMZ, u need to really step it up!