« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Phelps

Wins 19th Olympic Medal

MOST MEDALS EVER!!!

7/31/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0731_phelps_medalsMichael Phelps has officially won more Olympic medals than ANY OLYMPIAN IN HISTORY -- winning his 19TH MEDAL moments ago during the 4x200m relay.

Phelps and his team -- Ryan Lochte, Ricky Berens, and Conor Dwyer -- picked up gold for the United States, with Phelps beating out France in the final stretch by almost a body length. China took bronze.

0731_phelps_03
Phelps won his 18th earlier today -- a silver -- during the 200m butterfly.

In addition to the all-time Olympic medal record, Phelps also holds the all-time record for most gold Olympic medals (15), and the record for most gold medals in individual events (9).

The previous all-time Olympic medal count was held by Soviet gymnast Larisa Latynina, who won 18 total medals over 3 Olympics.

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

R. Cortez

TMZ - Most OIympic Results Spoiled Ever !

Don't make me take TMZ off my iphone until the games are over. Keep the results out of the headlines please !

tamara

GOOOOO USA! So proud of our athletes :)
I know this is corny, but every time they play the anthem and see our flag going up I get chills.

South Beach

Completely awesome, so happy for him!

Maybe

Seriously TMZ Stop posting the results before it airs in the States. What's wrong with you Harvey? Put a link for those that want to see them to click on it, don't just over announce it. USE YOUR BRAIN TMZ EMPLOYEES!!!!

IloveSpoilers

I think I have every right to complain about spoilers. I think they should have a little bit of respect for their readers by simply putting up a spoiler alert. Is that so much to ask? I'm not forbidding them to write about it at all, just respect the wishes of those who would like to watch it tonight... or risk losing readers, I guess.

gutsygirl

"LOSER'" TMZ?

milly5

4x200m relay.. he would win that. 4200

sister_mary_rotten_crotch

So I wonder if after he's done here he'll be back on YouTube smoking weed.

Toilethead

But he's still a dick.

Emilio

Whoohoo!!...Let's celebrate!! Where's that bong?

Rita29

Team USA has definitely impressed! Michael Phelps makes everyone proud for beating the record for winning 19 medals altogether! It was an amazing lead against France and he’s an inspiration to watch in the Olympics. Go Team USA! This served as some great conversation with my Dish coworkers today. I watched this race on my phone with the Dish Remote Access app. I love this app because it allows me to watch live and recorded shows all on my phone, plus I can set up timers on my DVR. It’s so convenient and I don’t miss any of my favorite events.

Sandra

Good for him!! I was sick and tired of hearing NBC, TMZ and others making less than stellar comments about Michael !! Perhaps now they will shut up but oh yes they will say how great he is!! Stupid lot!!

Gretel

Bravo!

nyc44th

Of course the pieces of sht at TMZ were calling him a LOSER (in capital letters) the other day. Anything for sensationalism and hits eh?

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Better at football (thugging), track (running), Bball (taking something someone else has and running) and spewing sperm in any receptacle they can. Oh yeah bro, dey be better

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments