« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gold Medalist Missy Franklin

NBC Hooked Parents Up

With HOT SEATS

7/31/2012 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_missy_franklin_olympics_gettyThe parents of newly-minted gold medalist Missy Franklin had such bad seats last night, they nearly had to watch her record-breaking swim through binoculars -- but TMZ has learned, NBC upgraded them BIG TIME ... at the very last minute.

A rep for the US Swimming Team tells TMZ, Missy's parents had purchased tickets to watch their daughter dominate the 100m backstroke -- but they were all the way in the nosebleed section.

We're told NBC producers noticed -- and not wanting to miss their emotional reactions on TV, they hooked Missy's parentals up with some sweet seats right near the front.

0731_missy_franklin_parents_olympics
NBC wasn't disappointed either -- 17-year-old Missy eked out a victory over Australian favorite Emily Seebohm for the gold medal ... and her parents went NUTS!

Go USA.

0731_golden_athletes_olympics_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Allen Ridak

Reminds me of the time I was in court for lewd and lascivious acts with a barn animal. Anyway - my folks were right up in the front row as well. Gotta love the 'rents!

Allen Ridak

Anyone else notice the huge j-zz stain on her moms' shirt? I spot those from miles away.

Cirrus Unicus

Go Canada by proxy! (Her parents are Canadian)

EMP BITE ME

Is she legal in the Olympic village?Cause everyone there is having sex, maybe the laws are different in UK.

DaveT

I like the Olympics, always like fast pace excitement of swimming.
And women's swimming is all the sweeter, 'cause they're women, watching women's sports is always double the fun.

Ritz

Double Canadian parents all the way!!!

Bridget

Go Missy! Making colorado and the rest of the US proud!

diamondsaredumb

This is beautiful, I don't watch the olympics but team USA makes me feel proud.

Pudding Tang

Some good news for the Denver area! ...... We'll see if Phelps can surpass Larisa Latynina in all time medal count.

LIVERPOOL

GO CANADA GO!!!! YOUR WELCOME USA

Thomas Jefferson

The truth is when these olympics are over Missy Franklin and other big winners are going to turn into the biggest media whores on the planet . It happens every 4 years.

sidithers

NBC still sucks

Justin

I saw the US swim teams "Call me maybe" video on youtube and she was the one that caught my eye. I knew she'd win.

Hawaiian cutie

I have been watching the Olympics and think it is outrageous with the amount of empty/vacant seats. London should hold seats for 30 minutes followed by offering the seats to anyone wanting in. Late arrivals with reseved seating can sit in any empty seat.

writenow

Noticed her father hugged her mother dead last. Not cool.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments