Cuba Gooding Jr. is no longer a wanted man in New Orleans -- this according to Cuba's rep, who tells TMZ, the actor's arrest warrant has been nixed after he met with police this morning.
TMZ broke the story ... an arrest warrant was issued for Cuba for allegedly roughing up a female bartender at The Old Absinthe House on Bourbon Street early Tuesday morning after she asked him to leave.
The bartender told police Cuba had become irritated at several bar patrons for taking his photo and cussed 'em out.
Now Cuba's rep tells us, the actor has taken steps to resolve the situation -- saying, "There is no warrant. Mr. Gooding, his representative and the New Orleans authorities met this morning and are moving swiftly to resolve this misunderstanding."
11:07 AM PT -- A rep for the NOPD tells TMZ, Cuba met with police officials this morning and was served with a summons to appear in court to answer to the allegations against him. There is no longer an outstanding warrant out for his arrest. So far, the court date has not been released.
Cuba Gooding Jr.
No More Arrest Warrant
... Says Rep
8/1/2012 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Get TMZ Breaking News alerts to your inbox