James Holmes Survivor

'Batman' Shooter Deserves

SLOW, PAINFUL DEATH

8/1/2012 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0731_carli_richards_02_wm
"Batman" shooter James Holmes doesn't just deserve the death penalty ... he deserves the worst, most painful death possible -- so says one of the survivors of the massacre.

22-year-old Carli Richards -- whom Holmes shot in the back with a shotgun -- tells TMZ, "I think death by firing squad would be totally justified ... Just injecting him is painless."

She says, "I had enough needles in me that night to know that a needle isn't that bad. I want him to see what it feels like ... I wish someone would shoot him and let him bleed out."

She adds, "He shot me with stuff they use to shoot birds and deer. I want him to feel what it's like to feel that helpless."

Thankfully, Carli and her boyfriend made it to safety before Holmes could kill them -- but Carli says she's still in a lot of pain, and can't go back to work yet with her current injuries.

Carli is the second person affected by the massacre to call for Holmes' death. TMZ broke the story yesterday, the brother of a woman killed in the shooting also demanded the death penalty.

It's worth noting because prosecutors have said they will only consider pursuing the death penalty with support from the victims' families.

Holmes was charged Monday with 142 crimes stemming from the Colorado shooting -- including 24 1st degree murder counts, and 116 counts of attempted murder.

If he's found guilty of 1st degree murder, he faces the death penalty by lethal injection.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

dskowulf

I'm on her side. F this clown he needs to feel the pain he inflicted on those ppl. NO MERCY

dyls_E

she makes a good point.

zoe

Look at violence breeding violence. The survivors, family, and friends need to rise above and distinguish themselves as individuals who AREN'T monsters, instead of allowing him to win by adopting his rage. It will take a lot of time to heal for sure and I don't think it's realistic for them to be forgiving, but releasing public statements where they spew this kind of violence is questionable.

theblackman

She says, "I had enough needles in me that night to know that a needle isn't that bad."
... um, what?

LDB

Those were a lot of needles

Yup

I say give this assh*le 20 years in the electric chair...

OH NO!

Those TATS are so SKANKY!

Marie

I'm not God and I can't say whether someone should live or die. What I can do is pray for all of these victims and that's what I'll do.

Beedavis

That wouldn't be the most painful death of all. Unlike Lethal injection that puts you to sleep then slowly stops your heart. Death by firing squad is the fastest way to die because the shooter aims at your heart/head & bang you're done. I know this because I live in Utah where we still have death by firing squad on the books. The "Gas Chamber" is the most painful way to die & 5 states still practice it I believe.

diamondsaredumb

I wish her a recovery that is as smooth as possible. I hope this picture gets widely circulated, it sends a strong visual message. I agree with everything she says.

GLaDOS

The giant tattoos are grosser than the shot gun wounds.

I'd rather see the guy get prison and put in general population. It would be great to hear about this guy getting raped and beat in there. I'd really love for this guy to be some dude's bottom b*tch... like Harvey is.

Oh A 💛💋

Thank you !!! Finally a victim that agrees he needs to be killed in a most horrible way ! That needle is to nice for him ! Like I said an eye for a eye ! Why should he go around breathing when he took the life of innocent people ! I say his blood needs to be shed now !

Zombie Whitney Houston

She needs to post some topless pics. Ya know.. just so we can see if there are any wounds under the shirt. I think it's pretty important for us to know and see them. Put some giant band-aids or something over those ugly tattoos though.

whatever

I want to date him.

Donuts Wentnuts

TMZ, "it's worth nothing" or is "it worth noting"?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments