ADORABLE!!!

Cops Rescue Baby Deer

from NY Manhole

8/3/2012 7:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0803_deer_well_main

File this under ADORABLE!!!!!

Cops in Suffolk County, NY rescued a SUPER CUTE baby deer that fell into a manhole last night.

According to police, landscapers first discovered the little guy at the bottom of a 20-foot manhole and immediately called cops for help.

When cops arrived to the scene, one officer was lowered into the manhole on a harness ... put another harness on the deer ... and lifted the animal to safety.

Officials say the deer appeared unharmed ... and eventually ran off into the woods.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

0803_deer_well_sub

Bird

So..instead of taking it somewhere safe where people could care for it until it could fend for itself, they just released it back into the woods by itself? RIP baby deer.

seamus

Suffolk County on TMZ! Thanks TMZ you made my day!!

starshine79

does this mean that none of the kardashians are doing anything vain and insufferable today?

Luz

Finally, a beautiful story on this site with a happy ending! This is so refreshing!
I love deers, they are peaceful to look at and they don't harm anyone!

srsly

MOAR posts like these

Phoenicks

For the people that think this is fire rescue:

1. This was in Mount Sinai - I live about 30 mins. away.
2. This is the Suffolk County Police Department's Emergency Service Section.
3. The SCPD has a red patch on their shoulder. The blue patch they are wearing is for the ES.
4. That's an animal control truck.

Don't tell me what kind of people I'm seeing when I live in the community.

Phoenicks

For the people that think this is fire rescue:

1. This was in Mount Sinai - I live about 30 mins. away.
2. This is the Suffolk County Police Department's Emergency Service Section.
4. That's an animal control truck.

Don't tell me what kind of people I'm seeing when I live in the community.

Tiggy

This is by far the BEST story TMZ has ever reported on....good job!!! My heart just melted.
I live in out of the city and have a pair and their momma living on my property, they are so darn cute!!!! Mad my day, smiles smiles smiles!!!!!

Her Imperial and Royal Majesty

Oh, my, I guess we are witnessing the demise of TMZ as we know it.

Bug

I'll take the dear on the right!

maria

Thank You TMZ..this is the best story you have ever written wih pictures. Happy Friday right back at ya!!!

Jillian

My feel good story of the day!

MeechDawg

Not sure why the article has to keep saying "baby deer" instead of referring to it as a fawn.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

where are the ny manhole jokes?

UNLEVINED HARVEY

lot more painful than removing that gerbil

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments