John Travolta

DENIES Sexually Assaulting

Cruise Ship Worker

8/4/2012 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0804_john_travolta_tmzJohn Travolta has fired back at the cruise ship worker who claims Travolta sexually assaulted him in 2009 ... filing docs yesterday claiming the worker is LYING and made the whole sordid story up.

As TMZ first reported, Fabian Zanzi claims that Travolta exposed himself during a neck massage aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ... and offered to pay him $12,000 to keep the incident quiet. Zanzi detailed his allegations back on video in June (see below).

In court docs filed yesterday by legal pitbull Marty Singer ... Travolta admits to being on the cruise ... but denies all the allegations of misconduct against him.

Travolta also reiterates his point that Zanzi filed a report with Royal Caribbean over the alleged incident when it happened ... but failed to mention any of the sexual details.

Travolta wants the lawsuit dismissed and for Zanzi to pay his attorney's fees.

Dee

Don't know if Travolta is gay or not. Don't much care.
I also don't believe the allegation. I'm rooting for Travolta. Hope he sues the pants (pun?) off this guy and any others who try make a payday out of these types of claims.

Laura

So...ALL of these other people are lying? Why doesn't John sue anyone for slander?

sidithers

He"'admits to being on cruise" ?
Isnt that the bigger story here?

Rico Suavy

He who eats the hole also eats the pole,

tenley

??? TMZ, there is such a thing as a statute of limitations -- in California, for rape, a person needs to file within three years from the date of the alleged rape. And this isn't rape. Supposedly Harvey is a lawyer. The irresponsible way TMZ reports is just begging someone to file claims of libel and they'll have a strong case that such reckless disregard in handling these reports is malicious.

BigMunKnee

As far as Travolta being gay or NOT being gay, I could honestly/personally CARE LESS!! Why people become so infatuated with one's "sexual preference/orientation" has ALWAYS been beyond my comprehension!! What does ANY of that have to do with one's productiveness in one's profession?!?! NOT A DAMMN THING!! Who he sleeps with, who he has sex with, and whether he wants to (if he is truly gay) "stay in the closet" or "come out" is HIS choice, and HIS CHOICE ONLY!! If he's a gay in the closet, does that make him less of an actor?!?! If he's a gay who eventually comes out, does that make him a better actor?!?! If everything is merely false speculation/allegations, does he become less of an actor?!?!

Here's a thought for everyone; instead of us CARING/CONCERNING OURSELVES with whether a celebrity is gay or not gay, why not, instead, we all devote 1/2 of the amount of our "attentions" to trying to come up with/devise a way to:

a) FIX THIS EFF'ED UP ECONOMY
b) GET OUR FELLOW CITIZENS BACK 2 WORk
c) HELP MAKE AMERICA A PROUD COUNTRY
d) BRING OUR MEN/WOMEN BACK FROM WAR

Regarding the cruise ship dude, I personally "think" it is/was an extortion attempt. Why, you might ask, do I think that??? For the simple fact that the amount of $12K just seems like a very "weird" amount?!?!? I would care to guess that 99.9% of Americans give/pay large amounts of money, rounded to "fives" (ie; $10K, $15K, $25K, etc.) "Twelve", to me, just seems a little peculiar?????

Montclair Grandma

I do think people make accusations against celebrities in hopes of getting some kind of financial
payoff. I also think John Travolta is either homosexual or bi-sexual. Either way I don't care. I just want him to not get himself into situations where he could be subjected to false accusations. Be discreet and cir***spect.

SSinOC

Probably true but I think they'll just try to use this as a way to discredit the cruise ship guy, even though they've already worked out a deal with him. There's no way this will ever see a court. It's a way to make the public still think Travolta is straight.

verlinda

So what. Either way he took the money, tried to get more,John said f--k off now 3 years later he wants to cry assault. Sue him !!!

GGG

Lying bastard. (I mean the cruise dork).

Mike43

Is it me or does John Travolta look more and more like Jerry Sandusky???

parlayer

no wonder his kids ar messed up, having men as mothers.

CriticXtreme

John T just keeps getting accused of a lot of tiptoeing through the tulips with a lot of flames. Shame all that free pauzze in Hollyweird and you're accused of manwood attempting.

Kabala

Fabian seems like a scammer/flake but I think Travolta likes the peen... Do they have to have the dog barking in the background? I mean really.

StevenB

Yeah, John, time to stop getting massages from everyone but your wife. Seriously.