Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

teena

Can't stand this woman. She constantly talked about her pregnacy and babies/kids when she was on with Regis yrs. ago, which is why I stopped watching that program until Kelly come on board. Kathie Lee thinks she is perfect, kids and husband perfect and she lives in a perfect little world. She's annoying, rude and not at all appealing. She needs to get off the tv altogether, forever. She thinks that public loves her and wants to see her all the time. Not so.She needs to reevaluate herself and so does the network.

allaboutlove

She is a thoughtless loud mouth who always has her foot in her mouth. Why she is still on TV is a mystery to me

Mom

What an uneducated idiot.

Karen Stone

I am not a Kathie Lee Gifford fan, but I think some are over reacting to her seemingly innocent comment.

Dee

i think She was tottaly out of place. Don' throw stones ay glass houses.

Mz. Reality

Seriously, not doing something right?? WTH are you thinking, Kathy Lee? I had a child that was on drugs and did everything I could!! I left work to follow him to make sure he went to school, I didn't socialize for 5 years for fear he would OD at a friends. How dare you!
Ohhh, but Cody and the other spawn of Kathy are so perfect...Bull S**t!!!
I can't stand you as it is! But Old Woman, you have crossed the line.!

Delicious

Isn't she the one who was sleeping with her now hubby while he was still married to his wife? Oh my, now she is condemning someone else? Really! She needs to be fired.

gertrude

She must not be doing something right since her husband, Frank Gifford, cheated on her.

Barbie

this is also coming from the woman who said her husband "would never cheat" and he did. She has no clue.

jack reacher

always been a douche bag,,,,,, always will be.

MaryLou Byrd

Kathie lee needs to keep her big mouth shut and think before she speaks. Hooray for her her children are all good. Some people are not so lucky they do their best raising them but things go wrong in their lives. Why their ever put her back on TV I will never know and how Koda even stands her with her big mouth noone can get a word in edgewise.

JANET

you make these remarks about parents with kids who a drug problem and thing you are a better parent. i remember when you were on tv with regis philbin and all you seemed to talk about was your sex life with husband frank. one incident i remember in particular and caused me to stop watching the show is your son cody walked into your bedroom and wanted to know daddy was on top of you and frank said you were just wrestling. do you think that is an appropriate subject for morning tv? you need to check yourself lady.

warren

look at the comments here, the anger, the viciousness, almost as bad as if the name Palin had been mention and then ask your gd worthless ass why your kids are so out of control and this problem with bullying is so rampant.. The problem is simple, YOU. AND ond of couse it's always the guilty that squeals the loudest. Squeal on little piggies, squeal on. And by the way, I don't like Kathy either for other reasons, but still she has a right to her opinion, and this is a good one so stfu and accept your failures as parents. When you look at kids today it's evident that 95% of you have failed miserably.

Tina

Those of you who "think" she has a point are as thoughtless as she is. Unless you have been through that with your children, or a family member, you know nothing of how heartbreaking it is.

Jude

I read her comment I think people are putting words in her mouth...She just made a statement her kids haven't been in trouble so she must have done something right...nothing was said about parents who's children have gotten in trouble...she didn't say a word insulting anyone who has had problems with family...why the big deal....???

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments