Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

frank

She may be doing a great job with her kids, but I think her marriage skills are lacking. Are we forgetting about what happened with Frank?

tom

Give me a break! I am not a Kathielee fan but people are mixing up her words.

Karen

Along the same thought process, she must be a terrible wife, since her husband cheated on her AT LEAST once. And I guarantee both of her kids have done or will do drugs. Judge not, lest ye be judged yourself.

Paul

She is probably 90% correct and these families with failures can 90% of the time blame the parents.

derek

She also was such a great lover and wife ..lol Thats why her husband had affairs ..She couldn't please him in bed ...

Diane

I am not of fan at all. I met her a long time ago. Never met anyone so full of herself and with no personality at all. Just a bitch!!

rlg

kathy apologize sincerely.that was a silly thing to say even if you feel it. no parent wants their kid to be an addict... it was thoughtless and you just need to admit you wern't thinking how that sounded to others.

neg

and, oh yes, Kathy Lee, aren't you addicted to booze? Any difference??? Philandering husband, drunk mom, do your kids have a chance????? Ignorance!!!!!!!

mary machado

Kathie is an idiot, she idiotted her way for years on TV with TV's biggest laughing-stock, Regis the Idiot; now Kathie or Kathy is on a show with a creature called Hoda, sister of Yoda. The reason America is in trouble with itself is because.....they watch TV, and listen and are insulted by the Olympic Idiot person of all time, who incidentally, was cuckolded by her husband, her KING....ol' Frank Gifford. If anyone remembers THAT! How did that happen to a perfect mom?

neg

Kathy Lee has no clue at all about what she is talking about. as the parent of a sone who is recovering from drug addiction and doing quite well in life, i can see she has no idea at all. lucky for you kathy lee you never had to deal with this. we were a father knows best family. my son was depressed and self medicating which led to addiction. we have all suffered, sacrificed and worked hard at helping him beat this thing. he has been clean for over 3 months now, first time in ten years and we are very proud of him. he is getting promotions at work & doing extremely well in life. he goes to meeting all the time, and knows he will be fighting this all his life. Guaranteed Kathy Lee, when he is a father, he won't be a cheater, you can identify with that, cant you? maybe you should stick to things you have experience with. How dare you criticize these people when you have no idea of how powerful a disease addiction is. just ask Frank!!! Pray that your perfect little children never have to deal with this disease, with a parent like you, who knows? remember, people who live in glass houses... by the way, Kathy Lee, are you educated???

TJ

WOW... I sure look forward in reading about her children and their mishaps oneday!

gagirl44

I dont think she meant it how everyone is taking this..We all say things at times that hurt people and we didnt mean them to..being a mom is a hard job and we are all so critical of ourselves..I think she was just saying she doesnt see anything bad happening to them so she hopes she is doing something right....We all know,like she does, at some point it is the person who makes these choices...Lets all give each other a Break...This world is hard enough we dont need to turn on each other...

slv214

She is right. If you do something right by your kids that is great. I have young children and I teach them that drug look fun and seem fun but the first time you do it you can tell yourself you life as you knew it is over. I tell them it robs you of a life anf future. I robs you of friends, family and anybody else that fits into your life. Why because the first time you do it the drug will control you until it take you. That is good parenting instead of putting my head in the sand I tell them about this awful world we have today. It is not a diease it was a chioce. If I tell you here is the best pie in the world, the best you ever had and will ever have. But her is the catch once you eat it you will die a slow death. Now do you want to eat the pie? People use your brains that god gave you, instead of getting mad at a person comment look at what you did wrong.

sue stefanelli

You are a self centered ego driven person I lost my daughter at age 30 to drugs also have another who has never touched drugs and is a very successful mom and school teacher. Do you think your drinking every morning on tv sends a good message. I will never watch your program again, sorry Hoda.

Michelle

I don't have problem with her comment.. I'm a stepmother and my proudest accomplishment is my stepchildren and the wonderful adults they've turned out to be and yes they've been arrested for stupid things but that doesn't mean I'm a failure or that I didn't try hard enough or that the values I tried to instill in them wasn't enough.. We can all only hope for the best for our children.. Maybe everyone should take a good look in the mirror and not judge her but judge their comments and their ability or lack there of..

Previous 15 Comments | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments