Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

DaveT

Kathy didn't imply anything, and her first words on it were that she's not a perfect mom.
A good 90% of the people who are "offended" and blogging about it are...crappy parents who know they screwed up their kids and want to scapegoat Kathie.

pyrochick

I feel sorry for Kathie Lee Giffords kids to have HER for a mother! She's a big-mouth-ignorant-biatch-fake-blond-bimbo and always has been! Believe me, she is NOT the perfect mother because she lacks one(of many) very important skills: keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about! You have so much too learn. Don't worry, your kids will make the news in a bad and embarrassing way one day, then you can eat your words. The only reason you havn't had any problems yet, is because you have so much money you can cover the story up! Go **** on yourself, Kathie Lee Biatch! You OLD coot!

Rick Hartley

I guess Kathy has forgot about her cheating Frank. She's just another talking head with no real skills other than using her mouth, kinda like Sarah Palin. Wow, what an inspiration.

Karen

what do you expect? i cannot stand this broad, she's got a bad case of diarreah of the mouth. she truly is thoughtless, she never thinks about what she says, she just craves attention, positive or negative.

judy

that's Kathi Lee...big mouth idiot!!! It's always about her and her family..you think she really gives a damn about anyone else..so self centered it's ridiculous! Won't watch her anyway.

Denise

You people are ridiculous! Stop reading things into a simple comment. She wasn't implying anything! She proud of her kids!

pyrochick

Actually , Kathie Lee Gifford, you must have done something WRONG, because your husband CHEATED on you, remember? He has done so more than once, he just has money to cover it up. I think it's funny, you claim to be so righteous and yet, you are so, so wrong. I can't wait till i read about your screwed up kids. Actually, I already have! Your kids don't have any more brain than you do! You must be doing something WRONG to keep getting cheated on. I havn't been cheated on, I must be doing something right sounds almost as ignorant as you(which is why I don't make such stupid statements!) Go put yourself in the toilet where you belong! You are one ugly-dumb-bitch! Just shut your stupid-ignorant mouth! I hope your fake husband cheats again!

Fay

Kathy Lee is "IGNORRANT"!!!!!! She needs to do her research in regard to drug and alcohol addiction. The medical association says it's a disease like diabetes. In addition, it's consider a family disease. Do your research Kathy Lee.

Gary

Just because a person is on TV doesn't make them an expert on anything, contrary to whatever they think, and in Kathy Lee Giffords's case, she's always been self-rightious and overbearing example of "wonderfulness" rating a 9+ on the Gag Me Scale.

Kathryn Creekmore

I see nothing wrong with her comment. It's the truth. "I must be doing something right" is said in the present tense. And so far her children are, and I hope continue to be well-rounded young people. I'm sure it was said with humbleness, and thanks to God. You don't see her children in the nightclubs, and blowing their money away. She and Frank went through a rough period, but they came out stronger, and their children have been nothing but well behaved whenever I've seen them.

Rick Hartley

Hey Kathy, did you forget about your cheating Frank. Let's talk morals, huh? You are just a talking head without a real skill other than using that mouth, kinda like Sarah Palin. Wow, what an inspiration.

karen cox

YEA SHE DID A GREAT JOB WITH THOSE KIDS MUST REALLY HARD TO WATCH THEM GROW UP WHEN SHE WASN T THERE HALF THE TIME AND A TV SHOW SET IN NYC AND NOW THE HALF THE TIME SHES PROMOTING DRINKING WINE EVERYDAY NICE ROLL MODEL

Sands

Kathie Lee you was raised to think before you speak, you obviously need a refresher course!

Tisha

whatever....my mom died from cancer, a disease you TRULY cannot help getting, I have a brother on drugs, nobody forces him to stick that straw in his nose, he is a selfish rat and thats the way it is....I do not blame my mom for him being an addict, but lets be realistic, drugs are a disease you CAN decide not to have, real diseases like cancer and diabetes you cannot choose not to have

Tisha

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments