« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nigel Lythgoe's Niece

Gold Medals Twice

In That Horse Thing

8/9/2012 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

Charlotte DujardinNigel Lythgoe's niece is now England's idol, after winning her second gold medal in the Olympics this morning.

Charlotte Dujardin rode her way to victory in the non-sport of dressage ... a fancy term for horse dancing.

As for the connection between the famed "American Idol" honcho and Charlotte, she's his ex-wife's sister's daughter. Translation -- even though Nigel calls her his niece, it's really his ex-niece.

Nigel tells us, although he hasn't spoken to her in 9 years, he sponsored her for a year in dressage before he got divorced.

Nigel tells TMZ when he found out Charlotte won for a second time this AM, he actually cried.

Hopefully, we'll see Charlotte on Nigel's next show ... "So You Think You Can Horse Dance."

0809_charlotte_dujardin_gold_horse

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DaveT

Is it true what they say about horses with big feet?

Starla

And SOFTBALL isn't in the Olympics anymore? :(

Horses are beautiful, but I'm just sayin'.

'Back Softball'

Majestik

So, TMZ, your Olympic coverage is about American Athletes winning gold or someone from another country who has a famous EX-UNCLE, am I right? Oh wait, if an gold medal winner's parents or parent filed for bankruptcy or house is in foreclosure will you cover that?

Phishie from Philly

No wonder England won. They still use horses as a main source of transportation. DAAAAAA

MayerOlga

my classmate's mother makes $84/hr on the internet. She has been fired for 10 months but last month her check was $8514 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read about it on this site CashLazy.com

14Lola

She is 27 years old and the horse is one of the youngest in the competition at 10 years old!!!! She performed one of the BEST Freestyles EVER!!!! She TRULY deserved it!!!! It's worth watching and not boring! Music is from "The Great Escape"!

Phishie from Philly

OMG! She has some horse teeth. Her teeth is almost as gold as her gold medal. Is there no dentists in England.
No, that's from all the tea they drink.

Melissa1987

Brits have nastly lookin teeth

Internet Tough Guy

Shouldn't the horse get the medal?

WOW

"dressage ... a fancy term for horse dancing" - you just make me laugh, thank you lots lots. I don´t see DWTS, I'd rather see dressage and don´t they (horses) dance beautifully...

Internet Tough Guy

Drugs are bad I found myself watching five minutes of dressage before I knew what was going on.

amazinglybored

TMZ's 'coverage' of the olympics has really turned me off the site, good work.

jimmy d

Her, teeth would make spaghetti out of my horse****

adelle

Some of the commentary on here is a bit brutal. I used to love horses as a youngin' kept me on the straight and narrow for a while there. Always loved dressage, but of course admired from afar as it is not an ideal sport for someone who was from a financially stricken family as I was. Dressage is for the rich, lol. Still admire it though. Good for her, nice job on the medal.

MC GRUNT

If Michelle Obama had a horse in this competition I bet this would be a Great and Very Difficult Sport with full coverage and in-depth behind the scene interviews.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments