« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Usain Bolt

I'm The Greatest Athlete

WHO EVER LIVED!

8/9/2012 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0809_usain_bolt_gold_gettyUsain Bolt is the GREATEST athlete in the history of all mankind ... so says Usain Bolt ... who just CRUSHED everyone in the 200 meter final.

*Sidenote -- don't bitch about the "spoiler" ... it happened ... get over it.*

Anyway, moments after he captured gold, Usain modestly touched on his accomplishments ... reportedly telling the media:

"I'm now a legend. I'm also the greatest athlete to live."

Bolt also gave the ol' tip of the hat to American sprinting legend Michael Johnson ... adding, "I am in the same category as Michael Johnson. I'm honored. It's all about Michael Johnson for me."

So ... greatest athlete ever? Better than Ali? Better than Michael Jordan? Jim Thorpe? Michael Phelps? Pele?

Discuss.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Trigga

Yeah, Ill get over the spoiler alert by never coming to this **** website again.

melissa

Maybe the best runner, but NOT the best athlete. Maybe he should try a decathlon or an Iron Man

Thomas Jefferson

No dude! You are the fastest.

r2d2

Usain Bolt is the greatest track athlete of all time. Proud to be Jamaican. 1love

Seldombinlaid

It's to bad when you have to toot your own horn.

SC

narcissistic egomaniac. king in a small village.

Phishie from Philly

Usain, you are Insain! You are good but not the greatest athlete ever! I have one question for you. Can I have some of what your smoking? I'm sure it's great and makes you delusional.

Phishie from Philly

itsnoise

I'm going to bitch about your "spoiler alert" The news as a whole has done the worst job of broadcasting and updating the 2012 Olympic Games. Between trying to watch something live and the news people blurbing out the winners before I even get a chance to watch the tape delayed live (new) version. So screw you NBC & TMZ.

deedle

OMFG give me a BREAK.....

deedle

we ALL know blacks can RUN... LOL

John_Dunkel

I bet he was coked up. This is the kinda sh.... you talk after doing blow... they might wanna drug test him... see if he is still the greatest athlete alive.

John_Dunkel

Hmmm... greatest tool.... maybe...

Carl

I said it once, I'll say it again... F*CK YOU TMZ! It's not like this is some exclusive only you were able to get. I could have gone to any news source in the world to find this out. In fact, this is even worse than when you did it early on in the Olympics because after a few spoilers you stopped and even went out of your way to give a warning on the 100m race. Stupid of me to trust that I could look at your website again. I won't make that mistake until next week.

HRH Prince Michael

Without question, Mr. Bolt is a truly phenomenal
athlete.
Nonetheless, plainly devoid of true Testicular Fortitude.
Translation? You could not carry the late, great Joe Frazier's jock-strap, son.

20Twelve:
Daniel Twelve;1 is HERE,
Proverbs Twelve;7 is NOW,
Zechariah Twelve;8 is NOW,
St. Mark Twelve;36 is NOW,
Psalm2;012 is NOW:
The Most Blessed Christ King Yeshua reigns!
ALL, for The Greater Glory of The True and Living Yahweh!

Mumra the Ever Living

> The problem is that no one really cares about track and field except around the Olympics. It has nearly zero recognition in the United States, and is a second tier sport in most of the world.
> Usain Bolt can call himself a legend all he wants. He can call himself the most famous athlete in the world. He can call himself the Greatest Athlete of all time.
> The test would be to have him walk down the streets of the greatest cities in the world to see how many people would recognize him. I do believe he would be sorely disappointed.
> He can walk around in his layered tracksuit all he wants. He can mug to the camera all he wants. I can truthfully say he doesn't even register on my radar.