Joan Rivers To ADL

'SHUT THE F**K UP!'

8/10/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0810_joan_rivers_adlJoan Rivers is scoffing at the Anti-Defamation League for blasting her over a comment comparing Costco to Nazi Germany, telling ADL officials, "Shut the f**k up!"

The ADL is pissed that Joan made the comparison to protest the fact that Costco banned her book, "I Hate Everyone ... Starting With Me!" because of foul language.   ADL officials say, "Such comparisons only serve to trivialize the Holocaust and are deeply offensive to Jews and other survivors."

But Joan -- a Jew -- tells TMZ, "My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust," adding, "My comment reminds people of the Holocaust because half the people now don't even believe it ever happened."

Joan adds, "Germany is where banning books started, and it can start here just as quickly."

And Joan made this obtuse comment, "I'm educated.  I know how to spell Nazi."

080712_rivers_launch

MsSuburbia

Joan's making satire out of all the misguided "First Amendment" crap that Chick Fil-A started. I think it's hilarious. ADL really should shut the eff up; they undermine their credibility by getting in the middle of a comic's publicity stunt.

Mikey

This bag lady even got thrown off the TV Guide Channel. Now she's selling books outta the back of her car in Costco parking lots.

IbePiglet

She's an idiot who believes only she has the right to free speech. Guess what old bag? You can put any words you want on the jacket of your book, and then retailers can decide if they want that in their store. You wouldn't know Nazi if it bit you in the ass, that is, if there is anything remaining of your ass. What a plastic idiot.

myopinion

Joan speak on what you believe...I love it.

Ric

I think I'm going to Costco this evening... spend a couple of hundred bucks. Way to go Costco! Love you guys!!!

Alberta Williams

There's No Need to have such a *#@&% Mouth at that age. Joan that's just Stupid! Women either make a living selling sex or cussing in Hollywood...most of em' not all but most of em'. Don't give men the satisfaction at the end of the Day they call U a whore or a slut if your rich or poor!

Who Knew

Too bad she can't experience a concentration camp to see what a stupid idiot she is.

Mary P

I'm willing to bet half the people talking crap about Joan love idiots like Dane Cook and Jeff Ross. She's always been loud, in your face and ready to say what she thinks. She makes a ton of money and if you saw her on Wendy Williams, she's a second banana and not even bitter about it. She's making a scene because it's absurd. She's not like that all the time. That's what she does - says what we are all thinking half the time.

charles

add to the mix
It's national socialism. No just the English shorthand, nazi. And that is real fascism.

it's hate groups. Not triumphant, white supremacy. And that is real hate.

mel

she doesn't sound particularly educated to me. noisy and brash - certainly! not educated though.

STFUP

No Joan. YOU shut the F**K up!
Comparing Costco's choice to not carry your book to Nazi Germany is one of the most stupid things I have EVER heard!
You're a has-been who should have hung it up a decade ago. GO AWAY!

OooooNooo!

I'd hit it.

Tmz Reader

Anyone else would have been arrested treat celebrities the same- she was disturbing the peace and trespassing

FresnoBullpup

What a despicable, ignorant person.

LarryP

She''s an opportunist twisting facts to her financial advantage. Book burnings have been around for 2000 years, and very much alive in the last century by ignorant zealots of various religious faiths. She is losing her mind fast.