« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tyrann Mathieu

'Honey Badger' DROPPED

from LSU Football Team

8/10/2012 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0810_tyrann_mathieu
Tyrann Mathieu -- aka "The Honey Badger" -- has just been kicked off the LSU football team for violating team and school rules.

20-year-old Mathieu was a Heisman Trophy finalist in 2011 ... and was supposed to be a frontrunner for the award in 2012.  In other words ... the defensive back was considered one of the best players in college football.

LSU coach Les Miles is currently addressing the media ... and has said:

"Tyrann Mathieu is no longer on our team. Violated team policies."

Miles added, "Lost a quality person, enjoyed going to work with him ... we'll miss him."

Les wouldn't explain the nature of the violation, but said ... "I can't imagine he wouldn't want to transfer and go play football."

Honey Badger -- who will be entering his junior year -- was suspended for a game last season ... after reportedly testing positive for synthetic marijuana.

It's unclear if his dismissal is drug related.

0810_tyrann_mathieu_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

deteecher

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Joy

He won't be able to transgress to anything less than a D2 school... so all of u saying oh I hope he goes to auburn. I hope he goes to Texas. I hope he come to Penn St... No. No. And no. He will be playing at some D2 no name school and has no chance to be a first rd pick after the season is over. Les Miles is a great coach sending a message that NO ONE player is too great to be exempt from the rules. 3rd strike, hes out. LSU will be fine regardless. GEAUX TIGERS!

JimmydeansausageCo.

Honey Badger? Flying Squirrel?

I can't wait for the next name

elena

I'm from Louisiana and i have the inside scoop. He failed his third drug test and he's off the team, for now.

Joao

Tyrann

DetroitRocks

For a great player to get thrown off of an SEC team he must have slept with the coaches wife which is exactly what Les Miles did when he was at Michigan

Phishie from Philly

This is what happens when you hang out with Miley Cirus. You test positive for fake drugs. What's this world comming to. If your going to do drugs do it right and do the real stuff.
Phishie from Philly

Jeff Becker

Looks like the Raiders and the Bungles will be fighting to get this pothead.

Rougarou

That's what Honey Badger gets for not giving a %#&@ !!

Throwback kid

The only thing that will help this guy is rehab with Dr Drew, no forget that, all of Dr Drew's patients die, that is a bad idea. He should transfer to Penn State, after dealing with young boys being anally raped in their football showers, they will welcome this pot head with open arms

jetta

I am an Alabama fan but loves the "Honey Badger: and all I have to say is, "come on man!!!!" You can smoke when you turn forty.

MidnightToker

I was the man at LSU, but then I got high.
Was gonna win me a title too, but then I got high.
Now I'm off to JUCO and I know why, yeah yeah
Cuz I got high, cuz i got high, cuz I got high.
Ba da da da da da.

Rottweiler

Honey badger don't give a crap! Honey Badger is hungry, he will eat what ever is in his path, just ask the cobra.....

Vernon P. Alarcon

stupid looking fool gonna look real gangsta in his orange jumpsuit

Rick LaChapelle

Right now in Columbus, Ohio, Urban Meyer is crunching numbers trying to find a way to fit this kid under the Ohio State football team salary cap!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments