R. Kelly

Cancels Concert Cruise ...

I Don't Sing For FREE!

8/11/2012 10:44 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0811_rkelly_cruise_composite
R. Kelly
just pulled out ... of his highly anticipated act aboard a cruise ship ... telling TMZ it's all because the company couldn't cough up the cash they originally promised.

If you didn't know already ...  a company called Concerts Cruise LLC hired the singer to headline their "Love Letter" cruise ... where he agreed to play two shows during a five-day trip in October, sailing from Miami to the Caribbean.

But now RK is singing a different tune ... he just axed his involvement with the shindig claiming the promoter (Concerts Cruise LLC) never actually paid him.

A rep for the singer tells TMZ, "R. Kelly had been looking forward to the cruise and was ready, willing and able to perform for fans. He is sorry for any disappointment but plans to see his fans very soon on a U.S. tour."

Concerts Cruise sent an email to customers informing them of the cancellation and saying they will "handle all applicable refunds at point of purchase."

Diana

Maybe Mr Kelly decided to cancel the cruise because he heard the cruise line had no AUTOTUNE and he might have to sing live?? Like many of his genre.............they can't sing!!

defref

Pull out? That doesn't sound manly to me. I say keep it in there and get the job done! RIP George Carlen ...who the heck cares about R Kelly?

defref

Kel

I don't care what anyone say about R. Kelly.....this man got talent and all his CD's are the bomb. I don't like men who rape women and i don't like men who mess with underage girls, but R. kelly can sing!!!!!

Mason H

Just give him an underage girl to pee on, he'll be on that ship and singing in no time!

jsd80

No kidding you should pay us to listen

Revelations

I guess he doesn't have a clue that it's time to quit singing and get a real job cause he's washed up

SteepSlider

"I Don't Sing For FREE!"

Soon you will, soon you will my friend.

Thomasa

I am a big R. Kelly fan. Although I will not pay to see him on a cruise, I will pay to see him in concert. Don't work for free Kells!

John

Unless it was a charity cruise concert then he has every right, if there was an agreed payment he should receive that, everyone has to make a living he cant just work for free.

Brien

If it was a Disney cruise he'd be onboard.

LDB

He must've been pissed...

Claudine Murphy

You dont perform any musical free show performance. What about if someone was ill or sick with an ailment, & if you didnt feel comfortable with your song, won about the person request or written compose one? Could I see the performance at home, with all your expertise connection, I will be with much appreciation. And will connect to ya with no problem.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4