Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

Ryan

I wonder if her Blossom co-star Joey Lawrence said "whoooa" when he heard the news...

seamus

How does Lindsay Lohan walk away from crash after crash and someone decent like Mayim has to endure the possibility of losing a finger? Doesn't seem fair does it? I guess the old saying God protects fools and drunks is true. Get well soon Mayim!!

Tracker

test

KiKi_93

*starts singing soft kitty* I'm glad Amy Farrah Fowler is alright!!! I really like Mayim on The Big Bang Thoery :D

john johnson

what a shame, i sure hope she is ok.

Lmao

Oh no! :( I hope she gets better! Amy Farrah Fowler is the bombeezy!

Jody

I think someone exaggerated the seriousness of her injuries. That car is damaged in the front, but not smashed.

nikynewark

wishing her all the best and a quick complete recovery. Tourists from Chile? Yeah OK. BTW I have a bridge in Brooklyn........

Elizabeth

Mayim, has a degree in neuroscience in real life, as well as playing a pretty intelligent lady , I saw her talking about it on television a few years ago..

She happened to be driving on the wrong street at the wrong time of day in the city.. I am thinking of her ,and hoping and praying for the best for this lady..
Her close friends and family, I am sure are pretty concerned about her!

kitnplayn

BEST WISHES, MAYIM BIALIK. Very sorry that happened to you. Canada loves you.

candles

It's too bad about the accident. I wish her a speedy recovery.

My sister had part of her finger hanging by a thread of skin and it was successfully re-attached (and this was back in the 1960...'s). Mayim most likely won't lose the finger.

remy

i thought she was a lesbian

StanSki

I always wondered why anyone would care about this ugly jewess and now I know. She rides the same semetic wave that rolls thru Hollyweird. Like Bob 'Dylan' Zimmerman, the jew PR machine elevates these ugly 'wouldnt cares' to mainstream pop culture thru repetition and pomp. She was an obnoxious mess on her original show and it looks like she is one now. Besides jews who run this 'remember when' hollyweird rag, only moronic boobs would care about anything involving this yenta.

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

I lost my 4 fingers from left hand after a red light driver plowed into my car..They had to amputate all 4 of my fingers because they said they couldn't save them.. I wonder how much damage she had on that hand . Or maybe larger insurance coverage made a larger effort in saving her fingers? Hmm.. Just wondering...I would like to see her x-ray from her hand after the accident....

dave

I guess she'll have to be a "RE-ATTACHMENT PARENT."