Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

dave

I guess she'll have to be a "RE-ATTACHMENT PARENT" now.

thegreatamericandesertreturns

rebuilding fingers to be fully fuctional can take years and years and many operations..but with the right micro nuro surgicals most can be rebuild if the subject is healthy and has the mookas,her age will not help.I`ve seen whole hands blow up on inpact as drivers brace off G forces.Ice heat and inferred plus exercizeing the fingers helps but as age sets on so does losses of fuctions

thegreatamericandesertreturns

i`ve had most all of my fingers&toes surgically put back on some more than once and all are fuctional to a point.My upper lip and one ear plus part of my nose also rebuilt and placed back on.Part of my upper lip was off for over 12 hours but it was like 30degs outside and I was left for dead.But it cost huge mookas to get those ittty bittys back on and it`s painful for life.My legs were also almost taken off at the nees and my right legg was about 95% off for two days in a car wreak layed in a ditch and my main right legg artery was crushed and twisted but after about three years I could walk again but it is full of needle holes burns and bullet holes and is superpainful at times,she is lucky to have a good job topay those bills

thegreatamericandesertreturns

impaction breaks fingers first than arms and than faces,the legs most times are`nt broken in a car accident unless the car is crushed on them.Keeping the hands fully on the wheel helps save the fingers,finger gripping the wheel means the fingers break first seen it many many times

anne louise

Love this actress. Her character on Big Bang is hilarious. I send good wishes of safety and health her way.

callmeannoying

That's what you get for holding hands with Sheldon Cooper.

razmatazmania

Best to you my dear. Hope all turns out well. Thank goodness you are alive to see another sunrise and set.

Rek

Amy, we are all with you

Sourkrout Magillacutty

Really, If "tons and tons of blood was everywhere", she would have bleed out and died. I just love over exaggerations. Unless she an alien and has the ability to reproduce her own blood as fast as it pour out and survived this horrible accident. Yup, thank goodness she is an alien.

elaine ribeiro

espero que saia bem desta, sou sua fã, adorava blossom.

godfree

Best wishes to a wondeful actress

TMZ_Admin

Badmotorfinger.

Ravenwolf

i'm very glad it was just her in the car, either way, i hope she recovers quickly.

Melissa

You people who made disgusting comments just now need to grow up. "Picking her nose"? Wishing it on other people? Calling her ugly and criticizing her nose? You all need to get help. She is a very sweet lady with children. How dare you criticize her? Look yourselves in the mirror. Look up bad karma. I hope and pray she is back to 100% real soon. Mayim, you are surely loved, especially by your fans.

moe l.

OH OH, tourists from Chile = No One to sue. Probably will sue her own insurance company....