Al Roker

Did You Just

Call Out Matt Lauer??

8/16/2012 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

081612_roker_today_v2Things just got awkward on live TV ... with Al Roker seemingly calling out Matt Lauer for railroading Ann Curry off of the "Today" show.

Here's what happened -- Al, Matt and Savannah Guthrie were hanging with some Olympic rowers who were talking about some of their post-race traditions ... which includes flinging one of their teammates into the water.

Matt joked... "The tradition here in NY is you throw her in the Hudson River."

That's when Roker quickly chimed in ... "Which is different than OUR tradition ... which is you throw one of us under the bus, but that’s another story."

Cue some awkward laughter from Matt and Savannah.

As we previously reported, Ann believes Matt trashed her behind the scenes of the show ... and pressured NBC to fire her ass because he couldn't stand working with her.   And, as we reported, part of Matt's deal in re-signing with Today was that Ann had to hit the road.

Sources tell us Ann was cool with Al ... and respected him ... and after the comment he made on the show, it seems the feeling is mutual.

Eric in L.A.

Matt Lauer is a bald A**hole. Good for Al Roker

rick

Good for Al calling out Matt and his over inflated ego.He is just as replaceable. He isn't the TODAY show .

self-employed

I will not watch NBC or the Today Show at all. Matt is a jerk. The show is too loud and over-produced. Too much going on. They need to tone it down a few notches and dump Lauer.

Texas Gal

The Today show & Matt Lauer = epic FAIL ;-)

KathyNYC

I always liked Al Roker. Too bad I am not watching him anymore as I was stunned by what they did to Ann Curry, who was my favorite member of the Today show anchors.

kaden000

my roomate's ex-wife makes $61/hr on the internet. She has been out of work for five months but last month her paycheck was $21173 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site www.LazyCash32.com

lucy

good for Al! He probably just made Matt's list but I think he can survive it.

stonechops

Roker have fun working with Spencer Pratt.

G

Good for Al! I think Matt has a gotten a little too big for his britches. He needs a good shot to his overinflated ego!

Annessa Anoushka

JustGetMoney is a new investment fund that was created from a combination of financial
professionals talent with the skills of the former managing directors of the corporation.
We have experience in managing large sums of money. We decided to launch a website to
give the opportunity to benefit from our experience, people from around the world.
We offer a wide range of investment in which everyone will find something for yourselves.

JGM is well-built investment company that are specializing in Gold , Forex, Bonds,
Stock trading and investment in various funds for more than 3 years. We are a legally
registered company in Johannesburg since year 2009.

Investors from all around the world are welcomed.

Visit http://www.justgetmoney.com and Get $10 free credit and Start earning right now!

Lisa

Go Al!!!! I am so glad he said that! The reason I never watch the Today Show is BECAUSE of Matt Lauer. I have never been able to stand that guy. He comes across as being so insincere. He tries to be serious but to me he just seems fake. The Today Show ratings did not fall because of Ann Currey. They fell because Meredith Viera left. She was very likeable and people could relate more to her. The ratings may have gone up because of the Olympics, but now that the games are over, they will start to go down again. Get rid of Matt Lauer and I'll bet they will go back up.

Cujeaux

NBC gave Lauer too much control. They should have replaced him with a younger, better looking guy.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Spot on Al!

jimbonmempho

Didn't NBC scramble to sent more folks over to London to save the show due to the fact it was in trouble...if you pay the man make him be the man..buy you some shoulders with all that money Matt..My household has switched to GMA and I have the tv at work switched also..GO AL!!!

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Matt represents the TRASH that NBC is- How this ASS -HOLE keeps his job is indicative of lack of clarity and morality the NBC lacks!!!!