Rihanna

Cries Over Chris Brown

'He Needed Help'

8/16/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_rihanna_own_01
With tears pouring down her face, an emotional Rihanna opened up to Oprah about Chris Brown ... describing how she "lost her best friend" after he attacked her back in 2009.

During the interview, set to air Sunday night on OWN, Rihanna described her emotions following the beating.

"It was a weird, confusing space to be in ... because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help ... and who's going to help him?"

Rihanna continued, "Nobody's going to say he needs help. Everybody's going to say he's a monster without looking at the source ... and I was more concerned about him."

"I lost my best friend ... everything I knew switched ... switched in a night and I couldn't control that."

Brown ultimately pled guilty to felony assault for the 2009 beating and was sentenced to 5 years probation and was ordered to stay away from the singer. The restraining order has since been lifted.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

GeniusMachine

He didn't seem to need any help beating on her.

Barkingboy

Please Chris don't leave me, give momma sum sugar, you can hit me I won't tell anyone......please baby.....please!!!!!

AlwaysOnTimeB

Beat my ass, end of my support for you!!

MildredSandoval39

We are currently encouraging people who want to have part time job thru online. You can earn as much as $72/per hour and recieve as much as $7213 per month without having hard time to do the job done.Please Read and visit this site for more informations http://www.MakeCash15.com

scoopie

she's right; that's what love is (on her part), but good thing she got away from him and let him go learn about the effects of his behavior on her and others

Joe

boo hoo ****ing hoo

nyc44th

SO sick of seeing Rihanna, Gaga and Kardashians . . . geez!

EastCoastChopper

And this is why black men beat their Gf's and wives...I am serious! This is the classic Stolkhome effect that these insecure clowns seek - Beat that ass and the girl will love you more for NOT beating that ass.

STFUP

You're the one who needs help, Ri.
'Best friends' don't beat the S**T out of you!
You have abused woman syndrome. Why are you defending & 'worrying about' your attacker? Seek mental help and stay away from him!

Meggie24

She's the classic idiot: "Poor Chris - I'm concerned about him - he needs help". He didn't need any help pounding the crap out of her, throwing a chair through NBC's window because he didn't like an interview question, getting another girlfriend, telling the world to shove it when he's asked if he's dealing with his anger, etc. He's a low life street thug who happens to have money - he can afford counselling if he wanted it. He doesn't want it - he wants to keep living his life like the selfish a$$wipe that he is.

ThirdFromTheLeft

See folks, wealthy, connected, half-wit celebrities can also be the victims of abuse.
What an idiot. She and Brown deserve each other.

Nvts

And the Oscar goes to...

Max

I can handle her ok, right up until she starts talking. Then the 'Make it Stop' meter rises like a Geiger counter in Chernobyl.

FLO

She is every bit as disgusting as him and newsflash honey, your best friend does not beat the excrement out of you.

R U 4real

I'm so sick of this drunken weed smoking bucket head slut mutt...girl go sit you non talented ass down somewhere..

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments